1.60 New Install w/o Sample Data Create New (first) Category Issue

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
You are correct.  I just installed an instance of 1.60 with sample data and one still cannot create a new category.

I was running 1.50, and I'll try an upgrade to 1.60 next and see if it breaks the category add module.  I'm guessing it doesn't, since nobody else is responding/complaining.  So it appears that 1.60 is broken when installed new.

In short, to those doing the code writing, 1.60 cannot be used as a new install because one cannot add categories. lol
13 years ago
ok so you're advice will be to install 1.5 and upgrade to 1.6 ?
13 years ago
I'm not advising, I am simply confirming issues at this point.  However, you should try to install 1.50 and upgrade to 1.60 and report the results.  That is my next step as well, but haven't had time yet.  If you do it before me, please post your results here.
13 years ago
I just install 1.5

Add categories and product is ok

I upgrade to 1.6

Add categories and product is ok.

Seem there is a problem with a fresh 1.6 install ;)

alex
13 years ago
Hmmm after some test it's more silly ^^

So the 1.5 ok, the upgrade 1.6 ok.

I install French Language Pack and after it's NOK.

I remove French language page (not deactivated but deleted) and after it's ok

Hope it'll help the developer of Nop to debug easily ;)

alex
13 years ago
Obviously 1.60 needs more testing before releasing.  Hope someone that works on the code is reading this.
13 years ago
hope too ^^ :)
I'm afraid because i want to start a big project with nop.

I'm lucky because it's only the start and test phase. But if my project was already online for some month/year and i upgraded to 1.6 with my french language pack i'll have the problem.

In this case it'll be impossible to do install of 1.5 and upgrade, test langugage pack etc.

Tomorrow i'll test if a fresh install of 1.6 and no language pack is ok, or see if we need to do an upgrade of 1.5 to make it run corectly.

I'm afraid to not have any response from the nop team to help me with my problem... If my website was in production how i'll do in the future ? :( I think i'll never upgrade my nop when i'll be in production for not have bad surprise and not any help from nop team ;)

bye for now ;)

alex
13 years ago
Yep getting the same error here

Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'Sys.Extended.UI.HTMLEditor.CustomToolbarButton.InsertDate' is null or not an object

Going to install a db with content see if that solves it as it's working fine on my dev system and that's how I installed the db
13 years ago
Nope that's not working.

So why is it working on my loval machine under VS 2008 but not on the test server?
13 years ago
Seeing the same issue and it appears related to NULLABLE fields in table of the database.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.