I just made a huge mistake and I wanted to alert the nopCommerce community of this, in the hopes no one else makes the same one!

We set up an unsent campaign a few years back to test this option, as we'd been using Mailchimp as our primary way to send out mass emails. I'm also very familiar with Constant Contact for campaigns and use this on behalf of a number of my clients. We never pursued the Campaigns option further through Nop, until today, when I found this old campaign I'd set up there in 2015 or so, to see what it was all about...so I decided to test the look of the email by clicking the 'send mass email' button, in the hopes of only sending to a small group all at once (coworkers only) to review the format (test appears to only send to one email address at a time).

When I clicked on the button, it apparently automatically sent an email to everyone in our system immediately! There was no option to choose who to send the mass email to, like with Constant Contact or Mailchimp... They are set up so there is no way you can inadvertently send anything. Nor was there even any indication that it had been sent. I clicked on it several times, thinking nothing was happening and had even made a note to alert our programmer that the button appeared to not be working.

I sent this campaign to folks who've ordered from us since 2012 or so. This involves thousands of recipients. And the campaign is old and irrelevant at this point, so this is quite a mess up on my part. Plus, I may have sent this multiple times, since I kept clicking the button, not knowing it was responding.

It might behoove NopCommerce users for the interface to simply take you to a second window following the clicking of the "Send Mass Email" button that says 'Are you sure you want to send this campaign to everyone in your system?' to alert people that this is what is actually happening. I assumed I'd be able to identify who the mass email would be going to...I've just never experienced anything like this before. And maybe a follow up once it's been sent that says 'Your email has been sent.' so that the sender doesn't have to wonder if anything went through and continue to click this button again and again.

My client called me in a panic wondering why he was getting inundated with hundreds of emails and I had no idea what he was talking about. It seems the emails he was getting were EVERY bounce back in our system from this email I hadn't even realized I'd sent. My last request: Is there a better way to alert someone to bounce backs? "Log in here to learn more about your campaign recipients/bounce backs." His inboxed was jammed up with hundreds of these emails.

I felt terrible, too, that I'd created such a mess. And I didn't even know it until he called me about it.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your input.