nopCommerce 4.0 - Bug fixes and improvements

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
GovindaH wrote:
Anyone else experiences a very slow building process with VS2017?

Sometimes it takes 1-3 minutes to rebuild NopCommerce.

Hi GovindaH,

Yes, unfortunately we are experiencing the same issues with the build as well as the rebuild. Also VS crashes quite frequently but I don't think this is caused by the nopCommerce code itself.
You can try to remove some of the default plugins from the solution and this should speed it up a little bit.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Boyko
6 years ago
Hello Boyko,

thanks for your answer, I will try to remove some unnecessary plugins.

Also, NopCommerce exits every time after installing and uninstalling plugins without an exception.

I would find it interesting if the NopCommerce Team expiring the same slow building process and instable VS2017?
6 years ago
GovindaH wrote:
I would find it interesting if the NopCommerce Team expiring the same slow building process and instable VS2017?

Only one of our developer experiences the same issue after upgrading to 4.00 and VS 2017. But the others don't
6 years ago
Boyko, thanks again. We have added the proposed changes, see this commit.
6 years ago
RomanovM wrote:
Boyko, thanks again. We have added the proposed changes, see this commit.

Thank you, RomanovM!
6 years ago
Hi guys,

Noticed a few small issues in the administration in 4.0:

1. Visit "System -> System Information" page. The dates for the assemblies are very strange and very different i.e years could be 1969, 1909 etc.

Microsoft.AspNetCore, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=adb9793829ddae60 Release
C:\DEV\nopCommerce_4.0\Presentation\Nop.Web\bin\Debug\net461\Microsoft.AspNetCore.dll
1969-11-18T23:31:51

This is a bit confusing as most of us were not born in 1909 ;)

2. On the "Customer settings" page when you add a customer attribute and save it the link "back to customer attribute list" is not working and you can't go back. It points to this "/Admin/CustomerAttribute/List" which does not exist while I guess it should return to the customer settings page.

3. A few missing resources:

admin.configuration.settings.generalcommon.blocktitle.adminarea
admin.configuration.settings.generalcommon.adminarea.usericheditorinmessagetemplates

Thanks
Boyko
6 years ago
Thanks a lot, Boyko! We'll fix them all soon
6 years ago
Hi guys,

In this commit you have removed PluginFileParser and its logic (methods) is not moved into the PluginManager itself but into private methods so we can't really reuse this logic anymore and have to "copy" it.
For example we used this method to get all installed plugins and check if a plugin is installed or not:

PluginFileParser.ParseInstalledPluginsFile

Now we can't use it anymore unless you make GetInstalledPluginNamesmethod of the PluginManager to be public. The same aplies for the other methods although we don't use them but they could also be quite handy if you want to modify the installedPlugins.json.

We could easily copy the code as it is quite simple but it is preferable to reuse as much as possible of the existing code in nopCommerce and thus be consistent and make future upgrades easier.

p.s: It would also be useful if you make the constants like the location of the installedPlugins file to be accessible/public would make such upgrade changes easier for plugin vendors.

Thanks
Boyko
6 years ago
Hi Boyko,

Sure. Thanks
6 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Hi Boyko,

Sure. Thanks

Thank you Andrei!

If you reference the Nop.Web project from a plugin (we reference it in all our plugins) while you don't do it in any of the default plugins then the Nop.Web.exe and Nop.Web.exe.config are copied to the Plugins folder and then this causes DuplicateContentItems build error when building the Nop.Web project.

Could we exclude all Nop.Web.xxx related files or all Nop.xxx file from the Plugins folder?

Here is the required change in the Nop.Web.proj file:

<Content Include="Plugins\**" CopyToPublishDirectory="PreserveNewest" Exclude="Plugins\**\*.cshtml;Plugins\**\*.json;Plugins\**\Nop.*.*" />

Thanks,
Boyko
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.