nopcommerce conversion error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I am running Visual Web developer 2005 and I downloaded the nopCommerce with the source code. It had to convert it to the current Visual studio but it couldnt. here is the error log.

Project: NopCommerceStore.csproj
Filename Status Errors Warnings
NopCommerceStore.csproj:(Error List)  1 0
Conversion Issues - NopCommerceStore.csproj:(Error List):
ERROR: Unable to parse project file NopCommerceStore.csproj.  

1 file  Converted: 0
Not converted 1 1 0

Conversion Settings
Solution File: C:\Documents and Settings\Chantal\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\NopCommerceStore\NopCommerceStore.sln
Log Number: 2
13 years ago
You can open the solution in  VDW (you need Visual Studio )

however, to use visual web developer,

open VWD from the file menu select open website - navigate to the folder nopcommercestore and open it

you can work on it from here   ( use ctrl+f5 to open the store in a browser)

-hayden
13 years ago
haydie wrote:
You can open the solution in  VDW (you need Visual Studio )

however, to use visual web developer,

open VWD from the file menu select open website - navigate to the folder nopcommercestore and open it

you can work on it from here   ( use ctrl+f5 to open the store in a browser)

-hayden

HI Hayden,

I noticed you made a distinction between opening nopCommerce by using the solution and by opening "from the file menu select open website".  The later is the way I have been opening the site in VS.  Is there an advantage of opening nopCommerce by using the soultion?  Could that be the reason I cannot build new pages?

Chad
13 years ago
The problem is that VWD needs to convert thee website from a previous version of VS and it cant do it because of the error I posted. Please advice.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.