Hi

We are currently migrating an existing ecommerce site over to nopcommerce. One aspect is that the customer has an 'express shop' which is just a no frills quick order entry type micro-site that needs to be done prior to rebuilding the existing site. unfortunately this micro-site needs to run from the current database because of back-office integration with sage. So to enable an easy transition i've created new providers using the nopsolution base classes so when the nop based site is complete we can simply change the providers and away we go :).

I'm finding however that some of the manager classes, the PictureManager to be specific, is causing some problems and I would suggest that it should be redesigned. The reason is that the current implementation 'assumes' a specific folder structure (images/) which is different from ours. once the nop base site is up and running it can be in images/ however to work with the current site I need to specify another folder location (actually its going to be a url to an image handler (ashx) on the main site). It also assumes a specific filenaming convention again its different from our current implementation. I would asssume those two aspects should really be delegated to the actual provider so that the provider can determine the filenaming and also the location of the files. Aside from that we love nop commerce.

Regards
Sean