Product Attributes enchanced

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Im new at nopCommerce and i wanted to know how can i add more attributes for a product.

For example i have a product for cloth and i want to add attributes like : Special Code (123456789), Color (Red/Green/Blue).
I have seen that i can add attributes for textbox or dropdownlist but this is not what i want.
I want something like Product Specification but to be on the basic tab of product among with product name, description, tags e.t.c and so the admin can add to each product different code.

I dont know if this can be done without changing source code and database.

Thank you in advance.
13 years ago
product attributes are generally something a user can select from - it sounds like you just want to display more information about the individual product - why not just add this information to the product description if you want to avoid coding?

alternatively, with a little repositioning of items on your product page, you could use the product specification module to display the information you want, where you want

eg in

template/products/OneVariant.aspx

you could reposition

<nopCommerce:ProductSpecs ID="ctrlProductSpecs" runat="server" />

- hayden
13 years ago
hm... i see.
So i think i have these options :

1.Add the attributes to description so to avoid and get faster my work.But this jas the disadvantage that i will mix up all my attributes to a plain text in my description....

2.Use the Products Specification. A good solution but not quite what i wanted.

3.Change source code and add field in table, store procedures (for adding, showing, deleting...) which will bring me my best suitable format i wanted but... theres too much coding - testing - developing - searching for this :(((

I can see that "3" is not being configured from admin unfortunetely. am i right?
(and it is a very basic addition to all e-shops :( )

Although after a deep searching nopCommerce has advantages that many other (even product that cost money) has....
13 years ago
maybe i misunderstand -

you might want to try adding product variants

create (or edit ) a product  ('product1')   select the product template     variants in grid

once you save the product there will be a tab appears called 'product variants sku's'

click this tab - you will see 'unnamed product variant' (this is the default product)      there is also a button called 'add new'    click this

add the product info description, name etc    save

now view ('product1')  in the store - maybe this is more like what you are after ??

if not, can you give more information - nop can be modified quite specifically without too much work
13 years ago
hm... no i think that doesnt help pretty much.

Thanx for the advice anyway.

One of the afterwards addition must be this, to include to add some more various characteristcs to product and not as psecifications.It could be a bit tricky although...

Thanx.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.