Discounts -- can this be done?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
I have a bit of an odd situation.  

I have a 50% discount once the user reaches $1000.  Easy enough.  I have one product VK that is priced at $200 and not included in the 50% discount (there is never a discount for this product).  But, the $1000 actually should count the product VK at $400 towards the $1000 total to provide the discount.  However, the product VK is always charged at $200.  Is there a way to say basically "pretend this product is $400 for calculating the subtotal for the 50% discount" but the product will always cost $200 to the user, no matter what.

Here is what I tried, I set the price of product VK to $400 and set a discount for registered users of 50% so they always get the discount.  But then it uses only $200 when calculating the subtotal to see if they reached the $1000 and not $400 as it should.

Is there a plugin that might do this or is there another way to think about applying discounts to do this?  Charge the user $200 but use $400 when calculating subtotal to see if they get the 50% discount.
6 years ago
Hi,

May be its difficult to get this done by using existing discount rules.

I think you need to develop a custom rule to support this.

Regards,
nopAccelerate
6 years ago
lisab91 wrote:
I have a bit of an odd situation.  

I have a 50% discount once the user reaches $1000.  Easy enough.  I have one product VK that is priced at $200 and not included in the 50% discount (there is never a discount for this product).  But, the $1000 actually should count the product VK at $400 towards the $1000 total to provide the discount.  However, the product VK is always charged at $200.  Is there a way to say basically "pretend this product is $400 for calculating the subtotal for the 50% discount" but the product will always cost $200 to the user, no matter what.

Here is what I tried, I set the price of product VK to $400 and set a discount for registered users of 50% so they always get the discount.  But then it uses only $200 when calculating the subtotal to see if they reached the $1000 and not $400 as it should.

Is there a plugin that might do this or is there another way to think about applying discounts to do this?  Charge the user $200 but use $400 when calculating subtotal to see if they get the 50% discount.

The only solution I find is giving away a selling your product for $400 bundled with a free gift certificate of $200 to pay for the remaining $200. Try it to see a way to make it work, but it is a quite dirty and cumbersome trick
6 years ago
Yes it's ugly, but if it works, it works.  It's better than modifying the code, imo.  I'll give that a try see what it looks like.  Thanks for the idea!
6 years ago
Its nice idea! +1
6 years ago
I think I found how to bundle the gift card with another product.  I cannot figure out how to give it away free. Do I make the price -200?
6 years ago
lisab91 wrote:
I think I found how to bundle the gift card with another product.  I cannot figure out how to give it away free. Do I make the price -200?

Yes if you want to give on zero price(free) then you can use negative number also no problem it will work

Thanks,
Jatin
5 years ago
Hi.

Take a look at this plugin:

Free Gift Plugin for nopCommerce

You can have free gift selection by cart subtotal value, many rules as you want.

Any questions, just ask me!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.