Front end running slowly

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Hi All,

I'm hoping to get some help with my site. The admin runs at acceptable speeds, 3-4 seconds per page, but product pages on the front-end take about 45 seconds to load. The site is running on Azure web app with standard service plan and the db is running on a standard service plan as well. The site has ~1650 products. Each product has 2-3 images, and images are set to run in file system. I've gone through all the settings, and can't figure out why the front end is so slow. Any ideas on how to improve performance for the product pages?

Thank you.
6 years ago
Hi,

Try running a test on https://www.webpagetest.org to check what is slowing down your pages.

Regards,

Krunal
6 years ago
Hi, Thank you for you assistance.

I ran a webpagetest on one of my product pages and it reported back that I had 45 second time to first byte, 50 seconds to complete load. Any ideas on how/why that may be? As a comparison, I ran the test against my admin/product/list page, and got back <1.5 sec time to first byte.

Thanks again.
6 years ago
devryan wrote:
Hi, Thank you for you assistance.

I ran a webpagetest on one of my product pages and it reported back that I had 45 second time to first byte, 50 seconds to complete load. Any ideas on how/why that may be? As a comparison, I ran the test against my admin/product/list page, and got back <1.5 sec time to first byte.

Thanks again.

Glad it helped you.  And thank you for sharing these details.

TTFB, i.e. Time to First Byte is the time it took to return the first byte after making a request. This includes time spent on DNS, Network, Generating HTML content, etc. If other resources and requests are loading fast enough then culprit might be the time to generate page.

Is this common to all front end pages, or just home page? Moreover, enable mini profiler from admin panel to check what is taking most time.

Regards,

Krunal

nopAccelerate
6 years ago
The home, login, wishlist, generally loads in 1-2 seconds. Issue seems to be with any of the product or category pages. I enabled miniprofiler, and got the following from a random product page.

client event                 duration      from start
Response                 3.0        +50530.0
Dom Content Loaded Event       160.0        +51102.0
Dom Complete                          +52375.0

Going to see about adding Application Insights of the azure web app, to see if it can provide any info, as well.

Thanks for your continued assistance.
6 years ago
I found the issue, thank you for pointing out the miniprofiler. It helped me track down an issue in one of the plugins we are using, which was missing an index on ProductId in one of the tables it had added to the system. Getting 2-3 second load times on product pages now.

Thank you very much for your help.

Ryan
6 years ago
For those that may come across this later, miniprofiler can be turned on by switching storeinformationsettings.displayminiprofilerinpublicstore setting to True.
6 years ago
devryan wrote:
I found the issue, thank you for pointing out the miniprofiler. It helped me track down an issue in one of the plugins we are using, which was missing an index on ProductId in one of the tables it had added to the system. Getting 2-3 second load times on product pages now.

Thank you very much for your help.

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Glad to know that it helped you. :)

Krunal
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.