Recommended hosting slow?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

We just installed our nopCommerce 1.60 site on Arvixe.

We have only 400 products and zero customers, we're still not public, we're just polishing up products and pricing.

While administering the products, it takes 5-7 seconds to open the product's EDIT screen and 8-11 seconds to STORE a product (without images).

Are those times normal?

The same site (with the same products, data etc.) installed on a simple home PC web site works as fast as it can.

When there is no database access the site is working fast, but, as soon as there is a database access, it turns unusable.

We chose Arvixe because it was recommended by nopCommerce. Did we make a mistake?

Thanks!
13 years ago
Should not take that long!   Make sure debugging is turned off in Web.config, but still shouldn't take that amount of time.
13 years ago
Skiltz wrote:
Should not take that long!   Make sure debugging is turned off in Web.config, but still shouldn't take that amount of time.

Thanks. I checked it, it's on false.

<compilation debug="false">

Live chat with the support wasn't very comforting:

"Damir Colak: I just counted
Damir Colak: 4 seconds
Damir Colak: to open the details
Damir Colak: store button
Damir Colak: 10 seconds and counting
Abner Myloth: If its that which is causing the delay, then it should be the codes
Damir Colak: it should be the codes? what are the codes?
Abner Myloth: You may need to tweak ASP or SQL queries
Abner Myloth: Have you tried contacting nopCommerce regarding this?"

I submitted a ticket, hopefully they'll solve the problem soon, my client is not very pleased.

If not I'll need another recommendation for shared ASP.NET hosting solution, fast.
13 years ago
I would doubt its the code because as you have probably seen many sites running nop which don't have these issues. MUST be a server problem.  Did you make many customisations to the code?
13 years ago
Skiltz wrote:
I would doubt its the code because as you have probably seen many sites running nop which don't have these issues. MUST be a server problem.  Did you make many customisations to the code?

Not a single customization, I just uploaded and installed it (1.60).
13 years ago
If it runs fast on your local pc and slow on host....I would defintely say its something to do with them...but what I don't know  sorry :(
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.