I am setting up PayPal in a new site 3.90. I was online with PayPal tech support. We reviewed the stock list of Paypal plugins, and none of them support what we need. We also checked out the PayPal Standard Pro by FoxNetSoft. System name: FoxNetSoft.PayPalStandardPro.
I ask him to send me an email of what we need to post in here. And here it his email....
Hello, Do you know of an plugin that supports a PayPal Payments Pro using Direct APIs: Api UserName, Password and Signature? My PayPal account type supports this type of integration for credit and processing.
Hi I have same issue. Any one has solution already?
[url=https://goo.gl/nooYAE][PayPal Direct] PayPal REST API Live issue - using nopCommerce 3.9[/url]
I got the answer from nopCommerce Premium Support about this
nopCommerce Premium Support Replied:
we contacted PayPal support in order to make sure that the plugin is outdated. Probably it will not be out of the box anymore.
Meanwhile if you want to use PayPal direct you have 3 choices:
1. Create an integration by yourself
2. Request a quote on the following page - http://www.nopcommerce.com/requestquote.aspx
3. Find a plugin on our marketplace:
Hi, did you find a solution for this issue?
If not yet, I can help troubleshoot it and maybe I could find a solution.
I still havent solved this problem if anybody knows a solution?
Im still trying to solve this problem. Does anybody know the solution yet?
We had a similar problem, we are using now PayPal Direct with version 3.40 for credit card payments. ('Direct' means customers entering their card numbers on our site, not leaving our webshop pages)
Our recent concerns:
- PayPal is going to switch to TLS 1.2 only from July 1st. So we need to change the plugin anyway.
- PayPal is deprecating their Direct API. It is not any more offered to their new customers, although for us (as old customers) it is still available, but who knows how long...
- Touching those credit card numbers (although we don't store them) is a great security risk. In the wake of GDPR and the more-and-more strict PCI DSS requirements (we are required to do a certification that is definitely not meant for small companies) running these data thru our server is a growing problem for us with no apparent benefits.
- We would like to upgrade (and keep upgrading) our shop to the most current versions. PayPal Direct is not offered anymore with 4.1 and further version.
So we came to this solution:
We are upgrading to nopcommerce 4.0 (hopefully to 4.1 in some weeks) and will stop using PayPal but will use Braintree (plugins are available for 4.0 and hopefully beyond).
As a backup we are also implementing Stripe payments for credit card payments (I like their API more, they accept multiple currencies straight from the box, and also their user interface for the account management is more clear for me)
Thanks for the reply. Currently we are doing manually entered payments with paypal. Its more work, but workable for us until things stabilize.