How to create a new module in the sidebar?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
What are the necessary steps to create a new module in the sidebar?

Chad
13 years ago
Had any experience with programing and visual studio 10 ?
Have a look what modules are there allready.
Copy and rename one of the modules in the sidebar which may be silmilar to what you want to do.
Add it in without changes as a first step then compile and build and check all is still good.
Then modify the new modules to do what you want to do.
Recompile and build, and debug to check all is still good.
13 years ago
Well I've just been doing this, I've been adding an 'Ad Rotator' to the sidebar. I'm using VS2008 and a full version of nopCommerce with source. The first thing I did was to create the module in nopCommerceStore/modules by right clicking on the modules directory and: Add New Item->Web User Control, give you new module a suitable name. Then you might want to inherit your new module from: BaseNopUserControl and then drag whatever controls you need onto your new module. I incorporated my new module by opening nopCommerceStore/MasterPage/TwoColumn.master, and then 'registering' the module at the top of the page and placing my module just under the LiveChat Box. When I'd finished it all seemed fairly simple, but I learnt a lot on the way as I'm not that familiar with any of this.

I started off using the standard 'AdRotator' control, but now I'm using a free one called 'Show' from http://obout.com/ which is very nice and a lot less trouble to include. Have a look at the other modules to get a feel for what you can do.
13 years ago
I forgot to create a resource string and resource value.  It's working good now.

Chad
13 years ago
How?
13 years ago
Please take a look at this thread: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/5463/help-how-create-a-simple-box-on-the-left-side-bar.aspx

Hope it helps...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.