Batch image iploading or time saving techniques

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi all,

I have about 4,000 images that correspond to 4,000 products. It takes way too long to upload image by image.

Is there a way to upload images faster and then just go to the db and connect the pictureID with  the productID ?

this way it would be much faster.

Thanks!
13 years ago
My company sells a module which allows you to import excel file with product feeds and image urls. It then goes to each image url and fetches the image from there and stores it in the db. Contact the sales here http://www.catchytech.com/Contact.aspx if you're interested.
13 years ago
The images are initially saved into database and the thumbnails/images are created on the fly.

I guess your image names reflect the Product Name or ID etc. You can create another application that will read all the images from a specific folder and dump them into DB one by one in the Nop_Picture table and set the image ID and product ID in the Nop_ProductPicture table accordingly.

Please contact me if you need any help.
13 years ago
Hi,

I have written an sql script and stored proc that will upload the images into a temp table in the db that you can then use another bit of sql to match them to your products. Let me know if you want a copy.

James.
13 years ago
Hi, thank you for responding. I would be interested in the script. Can you please post it ?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.