is anyone running 1.6 in medium trust? unable to access shopping cart

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I have 1.5 setup and running on two domains, both with godaddy (my real one and a development/test domain)...  last night I upgraded the dev domain to 1.6.  

The upgrade itself went smoothly, however, now I get this error whenever i try to add to cart:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.DataAccess.DBProviderManager`1.Initialize() in DBProviderManager.cs:73
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.DataAccess.DBProviderManager`1.get_Provider() in DBProviderManager.cs:165
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Products.Attributes.CheckoutAttributeManager.GetAllCheckoutAttributes(Int32 languageId, Boolean dontLoadShippableProductRequired) in CheckoutAttributeManager.cs:187
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Products.Attributes.CheckoutAttributeManager.GetAllCheckoutAttributes(Boolean dontLoadShippableProductRequired) in CheckoutAttributeManager.cs:168
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.CheckoutAttributesControl.GetCheckoutAttributes() in CheckoutAttributes.ascx.cs:55
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.CheckoutAttributesControl.CreateAttributeControls() in CheckoutAttributes.ascx.cs:69
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.CheckoutAttributesControl.OnInit(EventArgs e) in CheckoutAttributes.ascx.cs:61
   System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +333
   System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +210
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +378

After searching the forums, it seems it's a trust issue.  

Can anyone confirm that they are running 1.6 in medium trust and if so what is the fix (I don't care about the PDF's, but I need the site to function)?

Thanks in advance!
Jim
13 years ago
See this link https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/3087/creating-a-pdf-invoice-in-medium-trust-environments-a-solution.aspx; it may be your issue.  I've been running a site, not a nopCommerce site however, that generates a ton of PDFs with iTextSharp and I had to recompile with allow AllowPartiallyTrustedCallers attributes.
13 years ago
In case anyone is curious, I think my problem was that I didn't update the web.config file to the latest version.   I wound up switching hosts anyway, just because of the ASP 4.0 and full trust issues with godaddy, but 1.6 will at least run with godaddy.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.