moving website and database need help willing to pay please

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
hi i need some help in moving my website and database to my new domain name. Thanks Imran
13 years ago
You basically need to-

-backup database, restore on new host
-copy over files from old to new
-update connectionstring.config
-make sure permissions are correct.

You could flick me an email if you want mskiltonATgmail.com
13 years ago
hi just sent you an email cheers
13 years ago
Skiltz wrote:
You basically need to-

-backup database, restore on new host
-copy over files from old to new
-update connectionstring.config
-make sure permissions are correct.

You could flick me an email if you want mskiltonATgmail.com

How do I move somewhere if I'm getting this message :(

Cannot open backup device '\\10.0.3.32\home\fmonlinestore.co.uk\public_html\Administration\backups\database_2010-10-11-05-09-43_7106.bak'. Operating system error 1326(failed to retrieve text for this error. Reason: 15105). BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

Any Solution?
Thanks
13 years ago
It's telling you that it doesn't have permissions to access the backup file.  If you can modify the backups folder permissions set them to allow everyone to read and write to it and it will work.  I am still trying to figure out what account it is using to write to that folder.  Make sure you remove the permissions afterward so you don't leave a security hole.
13 years ago
For those of you that are having an issue with the backup utility it appears that you will need to add the IIS WPG account and give that account write permissions to backups directory.  This corrects the backup permission errors when attempting to run the maintenance.
13 years ago
I try to change file permissions but unfortunately that didn't help to me....
13 years ago
You may have to stop the website and start it again to get the new permissions to take effect.  Did you try the "everyone" approach?  If your on a hosted service they may have some overriding security settings on the system to prevent a wide open security hole.
13 years ago
If the server is running a version of IIS that is older than version 6 you might need to set the permissions on the folder for the IUSR_machinename account.  I'm assuming that the website application pool is running under the network or local system accounts.  

Security can be pretty tricky at times when you can't see the entire architecture and what context each piece is running under.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.