Error on DB restore while trying to move host to softsys

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I'm trying to move my existing store over to softsys from godaddy.   When trying to restore the .bak file onto my softsys DB i get this error:

Stack Trace:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.Exception: Error executing 'RESTORE' task on 'bowrista' SQL_DATABASE ---> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> backup should contain exactly 2 logical files
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at DotNetPanel.Providers.Database.DatabaseServer.RestoreDatabase(String databaseName, String[] fileNames)
at DotNetPanel.EnterpriseServer.DatabaseServerController.RestoreSqlDatabase(Int32 itemId, String[] uploadedFiles, String[] packageFiles)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at DotNetPanel.EnterpriseServer.DatabaseServerController.RestoreSqlDatabase(Int32 itemId, String[] uploadedFiles, String[] packageFiles)
at DotNetPanel.EnterpriseServer.esDatabaseServers.RestoreSqlDatabase(Int32 itemId, String[] uploadedFiles, String[] packageFiles)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at DotNetPanel.EnterpriseServer.esDatabaseServers.RestoreSqlDatabase(Int32 itemId, String[] uploadedFiles, String[] packageFiles)
at DotNetPanel.Portal.SqlRestoreDatabase.RestoreDatabase()

Have you guys seen this error before?   I tried a couple of different files and they all throw the same error.  The files do restore on godaddy.
13 years ago
I suggest you to contact softsys support team
13 years ago
Just to follow up in case anyone else has this issue, this was what softsys told me:

"The issue here is that your database has Full text data in addition to mdf & ldf files. However, DotNetPanel is equipped to restore files with only 2 logical files (mdf & ldf). Hence, it fails and we need to get this restored manually from database. This in fact is a bug in DNP and we'll need to wait till we get a fix from them on this."

This implies that it is an issue with dot net panel, and therefore potentially on other hosts as well.   Softsys is manually doing restores for me for now.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.