Help with configuring Reward Points please

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
A very nice feature of version 1.60 is the facility to offer Reward Points to customers. I have already implemented such a system in my existing web site (not nopCommerce) but it all has to be done manually.

I tried to set up nopCommerce's "Reward Points" facility and have a couple of issues, for which I'm asking some expert advice.

My present settings are as follows:

Configuration > Global Settings > Reward Points

Enabled: YES
Exchange Rate: 1 reward point = 0.01 EUR
Points for registration: 300
Points for purchases: Each 1.00 EUR spent will earn 5 reward points
Awarded order status: Complete (other options are: Pending, Processing, Cancelled)
Canceled order status: Cancelled (other options are: Pending, Processing, Complete)

What my issues are:

1) I want the points to be awarded when an order is "Paid", but the existing options do not allow it and I had to set it to "Complete". Now, an order is set to "Complete" status only when it is paid, shipped and delivered. Is there a way to have the points awarded when the order status is set to "Paid"?

2) The system awards points on the order total, including postage charges. This is obviously not correct or desired. Points should be awarded for items purchased, not for the postage charges which, even though they are paid by the customer, they are in turn paid by me to the post office. To make it easier to understand: I have set up my points system to give the equivalent of 5% of the purchase price in points. If I sell something heavy for €5 and the postage charges are €20, the system will award 125 points worth €1.25 or 25% of the value of the item purchased. Is there a way to correct this?

Any advice will be much appreciated and my thanks are expressed in advance.
13 years ago
Thanks for the so many replies two months after the question!

This forum is so helpful, I'm impressed with the responses us non-programmers get. With the exception of LevGe and Haydie, the rest seem to talk to each other, especially Andrei whose replies are to the extend of "this is how it works, if you want something else create a task" or something similar.

As much as I have a high opinion of the product, support is practically non-existent. And the manual is a joke, doesn't say a lot more than the tool tips in Administration. I regret I bought it.
13 years ago
hi,

points added when order is paid : not an option in v1.6 but it may have been added since
i don't know about the points being added to postage - but you make a valid point

when andrie suggests you create a task for this, he means for you to visit the codeplex website

http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/list/basic

where you can highlight an issue (or suggest a new feature) and create a work item for it so that it can be addressed by the development team
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.