no images after upgrade to Nop 4.0 from Nop3.8

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
I would suggest running your nop site locally and open a product page where image is not displaying. Inspect the image and see what URL is showing for image. That will help in troubleshooting.
5 years ago
When I checked the system log, most of the errors were:
The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

And then I viewed the full error details:

Log level  
Error
Short message  
The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
Full message  
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBits(WebRequest request, Stream writeStream)
   at System.Net.WebClient.UploadBits(WebRequest request, Stream readStream, Byte[] buffer, Int32 chunkSize, Byte[] header, Byte[] footer)
   at System.Net.WebClient.UploadValues(Uri address, String method, NameValueCollection data)
   at Nop.Services.Tasks.TaskThread.Run() in C:\andrei\nopcommerce\sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tasks\TaskThread.cs:line 65

and I don't know how to fix this?

I also changed the store URL to the local machine URL (i.e http://localhost:41926/) which makes me think the site is now pointing to the local database but the images are still not showing?
5 years ago
filtershopsa wrote:

I also changed the store URL to the local machine URL (i.e http://localhost:41926/) which makes me think the site is now pointing to the local database but the images are still not showing?

Something is not right here. When you say, you are using production copy of database that means you are running nopcommerce on local machine and connecting to production database?

When you said you are using production database copy, I though you are have a copy of your database on your local machine.

If your database location is server that explains why images are not showing on your local machine because database is on hosting server.

Please clarify if this is true?
5 years ago
No, I am running nopcommerce from my local machine and connecting to a local database (using MSSQL) that I copied from the hosting site to my local machine. So yes, I have a copy of the database on my local machine.

I also tried to open a product page where image is not displaying to inspect the image but there is no URL showing for the image. There is simply a "No image" picture in place of the product image.

And the funny thing is that when I run Nopcommerce 4.0, using the same settings and pointing to the same local database, the product images show. Is there something that I am missing?
5 years ago
This worked for me, in nopCommerce 4.1 the image path is actually in the wwwroot

/wwwroot/images
VS earlier version it was in
/content/images

I just had to move the images folder in the wwwroot folder and all images are now showing.
5 years ago
This worked for me, in nopCommerce 4.1 the image path is actually in the wwwroot

/wwwroot/images
VS earlier version it was in
/content/images

I just had to move the images folder in the wwwroot folder and all images are now showing.
5 years ago
Hi @filtershopsa

Are you still facing the same problem or have you moved all the images in /wwwroot/images?
5 years ago
Hi guys,

I have decided to use Nopcommerce 4.0 where the images are working perfectly. I didn't have to move the images to  /wwwroot/images since all my images are stored on my database.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.