Images on disk

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I would like to ask if it it at all possible to have the product images saved on disk instead of in the database. The advantages would be as follows:-

(1) Serving the images off disk would be faster
(2) Cached on the client's machine - faster rendering
(3) Would not use valuable SQL storage. Shared hosting provide a much smaller database size limit as opposed to diskspace and additional space is very expensive. Also backing up the database would be much heavier.

Thanks
13 years ago
It's all ready here. You select in setting Media.Images.StoreInDB

Regards
http://www.slikfabrikken.dk
13 years ago
thn wrote:
It's all ready here. You select in setting Media.Images.StoreInDB

Regards
http://www.slikfabrikken.dk

Ehh... I completely missed this one for sure. Exactly what I needed.

I guess I'll go check out those functions before I say something should work differently ;)
Now I just need to check if it creates different image sizes too...

Thanks for the tip...
13 years ago
Where is Setting Media.Images.StoreInDB?
13 years ago
biapar wrote:

Go to Admin Area > Configuration > All Settings
13 years ago
i'm sorry. in 1.20 this config string does not exist. how i can create this? thanks all
13 years ago
The source code that uses this setting does not exists in version 1.20, so in order to use it, you have to migrate to some of the next versions .I am not sure which exactly, but in last (1.80) version this works.
12 years ago
Is it possible to "export" image out db?
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Go to Admin Area > Configuration > All Settings

Hi, is this still an option in version 2.3?  I didn't see the setting quoted above in the current admin panel.

Thanks!
12 years ago
mnigels wrote:
Hi, is this still an option in version 2.3?  I didn't see the setting quoted above in the current admin panel

Yes. Admin area > Configuration > Settings > Media Settings.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.