By-role discount - any way to display the discount on the product pages?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I've been asked to quote on the following:

Discount codes tied to account, when a user is logged in, if they have a code tied to their account, all the product prices are updated dependant on their code. If the user is not logged in, or has a standard account, the normal retail prices will be displayed. Note: not like normal shopping carts where you add the discount on the end, Customer would like the prices to be reflected in the actual store.

I've logged into the admin area and had a look at the discount settings. Discount by role looks perfect. However, the discount only gets applied when the user goes to the cart. (NB I'm using 1.5, but seems to the same in the online demo store which is presumably 1.6 or 1.7).

Is there any way to apply the discount *on the product pages* for logged in users? If not, is this feature coming soon or do I need to code it myself?

If anyone can help please do as I have time pressure on this. You don't need to be a member of Nop team ;)
13 years ago
I presume that you mean "category/manufacturer details" pages because it's displayed fine on product details page. I'l lcreate a work item for task
13 years ago
Hmm... I must be doing something wrong then. Maybe it's because I have "discount assigned to whole order".

Ah... that's it, yes. If I do it by SKU and then turn the discount on for the SKU I see the discount. However, as you rightly say it's not displaying the discount on those other pages and should do.

Excellent, thanks Andrei!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.