moving the site from local to hosted

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I am begining to think that all of my problems are due to trying to publish the site to the host from my local dev box.  Has anyone successfully moved the site from a local install to a hosted install? If si, can you give me some pointers?
Should I just scrap it all and FTP a clean site up there?  If so, do I FTP just the nopCommerceStore folder contents to the wwwroot, or do I also FTP the "other projects" like Libraries and Dependencies?  (nopCommerce 1.40)
Thanks,
Judy
13 years ago
What issues are you having? If you are using the developer version you should be able to publish to a temp folder, and then FTP that up. If you are using the non-dev version just FTP that up...

... with the disclaimer that you should change your web.config and any other setting that are site dependent.

Some that come to mind are:

- Site URL
- Database config information
- SSL Site URL (I don't even know if that is a setting)
- Any settings on paypal/merchant account about which IP is authorized for transactions

Patrick
Focus Blog
13 years ago
Ah.  I just published it to the host wwwroot.  I will try publishing and then FTP that.  Cool.
At the moment, it is trying to find resources on my local machine from the hosted site.  Don't know why.
13 years ago
ok - same errors.  ???  I am getting that GDI error but the path to the resource with the error in it is on my local machine!  Any ideas why that is?  
I am ready to hire someone if they can get this blasted thing to work today!
13 years ago
I've always read (and it was true in my case) that the GDI were your site not being set to full trust and the wrong permissions on one of your folders.
13 years ago
Ah yes...  I have it now.  Thank you.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.