Moved install from local server to remote host.....problems ensued

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I moved my install of nopCommerce (1.4) to a remote host today. I am having several problems now:

1) I can't see any of the product pages. It will give me a 404 page.
2) Logging in as an admin doesn't display "administration" link @ top of the page. And will not log in at all from  /Administration/LogIn.aspx. I am able to create a new user from the site. Then go into the database and set said user to IsAdmin. Still nothing.
3) Trying to run install again (going to /Install/install.aspx) just results in a redirect to the default domain catch-all.

Any help on any of these issues would be appreciated.
13 years ago
I just finished doing this.  It seemed that a lot of my problems came from the way the site was moved and what I did in the control panel at the host site.  Sometimes a control panel will change your web.config file.  I also had to set permissions on some folders.  This may seem silly, but are you sure all of the files made it there?  How did you move the site?
13 years ago
I moved the site by copying all the files from the test server, to the production server. Am I sure all the files made? I'm pretty sure. And some parts are functioning.....account creation & viewing the shopping cart.
13 years ago
ok - may seem like another silly question, but are you sure you changed the connectionstring.config file to point to the new database?  My hosting requires a SQL User ID and Password rather than Windows authentication as well.  I did this all by hand and didn't use the wizard, so I'm not sure if the wizard does this.  
I'm kindof a noob here as well.  
Anybody else have any ideas?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.