Search in the product description

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
still not working
3 years ago
KangarooPk wrote:
still not working

Please clarify your concern/question
2 years ago
hi

we also have a version 4.3 and want to implement the same

the host has given us the file (.publishsettings) to connect in visual studio but we are also worried that if we will publish again, it may overwrite all the changes we have made in admin and we may lose all our efforts so far.

somebody please help us get this working!

thanks.
2 years ago
isnt there any way to do it from stored procedure? (just like we did for SKU with LIKE % %)
2 years ago
Yes, the sp has a parameter
@SearchDescriptions bit = 0,

you could change it so that ''Search in the product description' is the default:

@SearchDescriptions bit = 1,
2 years ago
Thank you so much for the easier solution
2 years ago
Can you give details on this?   What is the stored procedure name?   Looking in the database for v4.20 I don't see any SPs for search.
2 years ago
After posting my questions I think I found it:  dbo.ProductLoadAllPaged

However, after changing the parameter @ProductDescriptions to 1 and altering the script, when I run a search it is still not searching descriptions unless I physically check the box on the advanced search.
2 years ago
Yes, it's ProductLoadAllPaged.  If you have SSMS, then you can test the sp directly...
In SSMS explorer, right-click the sp name, and select "Execute stored procedure".  Enter a 1 in the @SearchDescriptions value, and some text in the @Keywords value.

(Are you using any third-party plugins that might be overriding the search?)
2 years ago
I have tested it with SSMS and it seems to work.  

But from nopCommerce, I still have to check the "Search in product descriptions" box to get my test results.   Box clear - no results.  Box checked - results.  (Box is clear by default)

Restarted the nopCommerce application.   And went through all installed plugins looking for anything to do with search.   Nothing jumps out at me as being search related.    I do have the nopCommerce Restfull API plugin installed.   I don't think that should mess with search.   Everything else is payment processing and shipping related.

BTW - good tip on using the Right-Click/Execute Stored Procedure menu option.  I didn't even know that existed.  I have always just typed in a query.  But I like the way that  option displays and allows you the manipulate all parameters
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.