installation window is shown every time after publishing on IIS

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
i have published nopcommerce on iis and also copied the files from App_Data into App_Data of published directory but still shown installation window after publishing, kindly provide solution for this problem.
6 years ago
Please check that your App_Data folder contains dataSettings.json file, if your solution is nopcommerc4.0. If it is the lower version, i.e nopcommerce3.9 or lower, check that App_Data contains Settings.txt file and make sure that App_Data folder has the access permission for the iis_user.
6 years ago
i'm using nopcommerce 4.0 and i have copied the datasetting.json and installedplugins.json files into App_Data folder. iis user has permissions of App_Data folder but still installation window is shown :(
6 years ago
shafi_chaudhary wrote:
i'm using nopcommerce 4.0 and i have copied the datasetting.json and installedplugins.json files into App_Data folder. iis user has permissions of App_Data folder but still installation window is shown :(

Try with different browser(cache may issue) after restarting IIS.

//Sohel
6 years ago
An error occurred while starting the application.
.NET Framework 4.7.2633.0 X86 v4.0.0.0    |   Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting version 2.0.0-rtm-26452    |    Microsoft Windows 10.0.16299

window with this error is appeared after copying datasettings.json and installedPlugins.json and clearing cache of browser....
5 years ago
in the dataSettings.json substitute your localhost connection string to the server connection

from   "Data Source=(localdb)\\ProjectsV13;Initial Catalog=\"YOUR PROJECT\";Integrated Security=True;Persist Security Info=False"

to  "Data Source=YOUR HOST NAME,PORT;Initial Catalog=DB NAME;User Id=USERNAME;Password=YOUR PASSWORD;"
5 years ago
Whatever you described didn't help, I did copy datasettings.json and installedplugins.json into App_Data after publishing and still nopcommerce wants to be installed. Spent 4 months of creating a full customized webshop and now can't publish it. That really sucks, why do I even have to copy files for a publish ??? Never seen such thing or did in any other project :(.
5 years ago
Well again THANKS FOR NOTHING, as usual no one helps down here. So I will as usual try to fix that shit myself. Good luck for those who run into the same problem. Do not expect any help from my side !
5 years ago
ricard257 wrote:
"Data Source=YOUR HOST NAME,PORT;Initial Catalog=DB NAME;User Id=USERNAME;Password=YOUR PASSWORD;"

Thanks thats ok - the above only works if you are not using integrated security to connect to database

Maybe you getting confused. Normally the dataSettings.json file should not be copied from your development area to production - probably because they are probably pointing at different servers.

Once you have setup the IIS version then you need to maitain that production version dataSettings.json file and make sure it is not changed when publishing. (I keep a backup in case anything goes wrong)

When first setting up an IIS I let it run the install and create a test database. Then you can check and make everything is working as a standard system. Then simply edit the dataSettings.json and only change the database name to your proper database name.
4 years ago
(1) Be sure that you set the App_Data directory to read-write. (2) Restart the IIS server. Doing these two things resolved my problem. :o)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.