Memory consumption per session

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi everyone. I'm trying to figure out how much ram memory I'll need for a VPS hosting plan in which I'll host a nopcommerce site. I wonder if there is any kind of calculation about the memory consumed by single session in the e-commerce module. That would allow me to calculate the total ram required according the concurrent session that I estimate.

Thanks in advance.
13 years ago
Im a total novice.

I see a 150 mb footprint initally. occasionally followed by a 70Mb drop. Prorbably when the garbabge collection runs.

Thats with one user. when I have more metrics I'll be happy to share.
13 years ago
I run a Xeon E5520 @ 2.27Ghz 2.26 Ghz
1.00 GB RAM
64 bit OS 2008 server R2

20 GB hard drive.

Whilst this is enough to run a single installation comfortably on top of SQL server Express. I would humbly suggest going for more RAM than I have, it seems insufficient in the medium term at a guess, and for sure if this site was anything other than SMB.

Hope that helps
13 years ago
Hi

I have VPS hosting plan with 30GB HDD, 780MB of RAM. I am using Nopcommerce 1.8 and SQL Server Professional on the server. It runs out of memory on regular basis. I still need to analyse what actually causing memory usage but I rec that its SQL temp. Any comments on this would highly recommended ??

Regards
13 years ago
SQL Server will eat away what it can..There is a setting in SQL to limit this.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.