Issue with the targetframework parm

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
This is not a nopcommerce issue but it happened during my nopcommerce upgrade so I figured someone else might have seen it.

I am running windows 7 on my desktop where we are testing nop before a live deployment. I had nop in the wwwroot/nop folder working just fine. I created a nop_new folder there, put 1.7 in it, renamed nop to nop_previous, and nop_new to nop. I then copied over the connectionstring.config, and ran the upgrade sql.

WHen I go fire up nop now I get:

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework'. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive.

Source Error:

Line 21:       <error statusCode="404" redirect="filenotfound.htm"/>
Line 22:     </customErrors>
Line 23:     <compilation debug="false" targetFramework="4.0">
Line 24:       <expressionBuilders>
Line 25:         <add expressionPrefix="NopResources" type="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Localization.NopResourceExpressionBuilder, Nop.BusinessLogic"/>

Source File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\nop\web.config    Line: 23

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4927; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4927
13 years ago
Ensure that you have .NET 4.0 installed and configured for your site
13 years ago
FYI.... I tried to fix it and created a different error. I deleted the application, and I noticed there was a nop application pool so I deleted that too. I then readded the application and picked the ASP.NET 4.0 application pool.

Now my browser is giving me a 503 error - site unavailable.

Help! :) Thanks.
13 years ago
Hello everybody.

I have the same problem.  I am losing my hair.

Need help.

Thanks.
13 years ago
.NET 4 is installed. My machine shows 4.0.30128 and 4.0.30319
13 years ago
Same situation
13 years ago
Here is some more detail on this issue. I still cannot fix it tho. This has completely killed any forward progress with nop commerce. Even thought it is not a shopping cart problem I'd appreciate any suggestion. I am going to post this on other forums too.

By default when I add a new website and point it to the nop 1.7 folder I get the error listed earlier in this thread. Basically the site is using the wrong version of .NET

So I figure out how to change the nop application pool to use .NET 4. When I do that I get:

Service Unavailable

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

I've checked the event manager logs and the error I see there is:

Application pool 'nop' is being automatically disabled due to a series of failures in the process(es) serving that application pool.

That is all of the detail I can find on this. If you have any suggestions they are welcome. Again I am running II6 and Windows 7 on my desktop. I had 1.6 working fine on this machine.
13 years ago
Hi, for fix this problem, read this post in aspnet forum:

http://forums.asp.net/t/1491204.aspx

Ciao Nicola
13 years ago
You need to make sure that the site is running under the .net 4 enviorment .Some hosts offer version 4 but you still need to configure it
13 years ago
justman wrote:
You need to make sure that the site is running under the .net 4 enviorment .Some hosts offer version 4 but you still need to configure it

And how does one generally configure it? Via the control panel the host provides, by submitting a help ticket, or by some other method entirely? I'm getting the same error, and it states quite clearly down at the bottom of the error message that I'm running .net framework 2.x. x. as well as asp.net version 2.x.x.

I purchased hosting with Softsys (one of nop's recommended providers).
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.