Editing localization strings

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I added a new language "Swedish" and imported the xml file with the English localization strings.

Currently there are 33 pages of localization strings.

When I edit and save a string on page 16 (or any other page) I am returned to page 1 of the list and I must page forward to page 16 again to translate the next string.

Option 1:

Could you make the grid return to the correct page when a string is saved.

Option 2:

Could you make a Standalone Windows Forms or WPF application that loads the strings into a grid without paging where the strings could be translated.

1. Open a XML file
2. Display the strings in a grid
3. Edit the strings
4. Save the strings back to an XML file
13 years ago
Export your language to a XML file.
Download and install XML Notepad (free from Microsoft)
Open file and edit the strings

Then before you import, open the file in "notepad" and remove the 1st line (encoding), with that you can't import the file back.

The built in editor works if it's only one string to translate, to translate the entire language it's quite useless.

This is how I'm currently translating the 1.6 file to Swedish :)

BR
Joakim
13 years ago
I've solved the problem and is done translating 1.70 to Swedish. I have submitted it to [email protected].

hopefully it will appear on the download page soon, if so it may be the first translation of 1.70 :)

If someone finds errors or inconsistencies I hope you will contact me and I will fix them.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.