Digital Download Script?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I'm a newcomer to this and am trying to set up NOP for digital downloads with payment through PayPal.
I've read the manual but am still having trouble.

Is there a script that needs to be called to send the purchaser back to my site and a download page?
If so, is it part of the NOP files or does it have to be written from scratch?

I'm not a programmer, though I can learn through examples.

For simplicity's sake, I would appreciate a set-by-step approach.

I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer. I'm about to abandon NOP and look for something else.
Thanks.
13 years ago
No script is needed.
As far as i understand you want people to pay with paypal and then be redirected back to your site.
go to admin panel, configuration,payment,payment methods,paypal standard - click edit
check ACTIVE, click save, then go to configuration tab see the explanation - do it.
Tell me if you have trouble with this.
13 years ago
Thanks for the help and "hand-holding".

I assume that PaypalPDTHandler.aspx and PaypalIPNHandler.aspx are files within NOP. Is that correct?

I've tested it using the Sandbox feature at PayPal but PayPal doesn't send me back to my store or give any directions on how to download the purchased item. Is that a shortcoming of the Sandbox or do I still have a problem?
13 years ago
kipfmiller wrote:
Thanks for the help and "hand-holding".

I assume that PaypalPDTHandler.aspx and PaypalIPNHandler.aspx are files within NOP. Is that correct?

Correct
kipfmiller wrote:

I've tested it using the Sandbox feature at PayPal but PayPal doesn't send me back to my store or give any directions on how to download the purchased item. Is that a shortcoming of the Sandbox or do I still have a problem?

It's not a problem of sandbox. If you want to be sent back to store you have to enable auto return in paypal:
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click the Profile subtab.
3. Click Website Payment Preferences in the Seller Preferences column.
4. Under Auto Return for Website Payments, click the On radio button.
5. For the Return URL, enter the URL on your site that will receive the transaction ID posted by PayPal after a customer payment (http://www.yourStore.com/PaypalPDTHandler.aspx).
6. Under Payment Data Transfer, click the On radio button.
7. Click Save.

About how to download file you paid for, paypal will not give you any directions, it only accepts money. It's in nopcommerce, I don't really know where.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.