Fulfillment

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
Hello all,

Hope someone can help me here. I am moving my most sold products to a fulfillment center but will keep the slow movers here to save money and still use my own building for some shipping.

I can setup the warehouse in NOP, my location and fulfillment center, and I can add stock to either place and select if using one or the other.

But when an order is placed, how do I know what warehouse the product is shipped from ? I do not see this anywhere in the order pdf.

I need to have the orders that can be shipped by the fulfillment center to be labeled so they can be found and emailed or sent as an "order file" automatically to the fulfillment center.

I do use Shipworks here as my shipping software and if the orders the shipworks plugin pulls from NOP could be labeled so shipworks can process those into a file that will be sent to the fulfillment center, that would be perfect.

Any ideas ?

Kenny Larsen
5 years ago
Kenny

You need to use Shipments...

RE: "...orders that can be shipped by the fulfillment center"
It's actually the shipment that would be fulfilled; an order can contain multiple shipments.

The warehouse is selected/stored on the shipment item when you create one or multiple shipments for the order.  If the product is in only one warehouse, then that warehouse will default; if a product can be in multiple warehouses, then you need to select one.

The warehouse is visible only on the shipment details view page.  It does not print on the Packing Slip; that would need customization.  But, you can print all the packing slips per warehouse...

In the admin > Sales > Shipments page, you can Search by Warehouse, and then bulk "Print Packing Slips (all found)".  You'll have to email manually ;)
5 years ago
Dennis,

Thank you!

Not really a good design - how would you export an order that has items from more than one warehouse to the different warehouses?  

Hope to get the shipworks plugin fixed to work with this so the orders can be filtered and exported.

Kenny
5 years ago
The packing slips are per shipment.  Orders having products from multiple warehouses require separate shipments. then,  ... you can Search by Warehouse, and then bulk "Print Packing Slips (all found)".
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.