Images Problem - 4.0 Version

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
A2Hosting_Liaison wrote:

Are you using a domain name or i.p address to publish the site on the server?

It DOESN'T Matter! Refer to our reports above: it can happen when using a domain name (like me), it can happen when using an ip (like Mr. embryo)

Any further thoughts?
5 years ago
I understand that it does not matter. I am only trying to relate your problem with other users in this thread, that's all.

Just trying to help you out by asking questions as I do not have access to your site.
5 years ago
We just started to use version 4.1 on core 2.1 and had the same issues.

Did you remove the Powered by NopeCommerce?

We believe it may be related as we had the same issues and it only crashes the images on the main store all others are fine. We may cancel using nopecommerce and create our own code that way we know there is no fowl play.
5 years ago
I'm on 4.1 and having the same problem. It could be solved by simply using relative paths for the images, which is best practice on the same server anyway.

Does anyone know how to make the site use relative image paths instead of absolute?

Some additional info:
In my case I already have the site on a domain name with SSL turned on. So when something like https://1.1.1.1/images is the beginning of the src element it fails because of the ip address in the string.

All paths are correct and all permissions are correct. This is an intermittent problem that I can't figure out. If I reboot the server it works briefly and then starts doing it again.

Any help would be appreciated as this site needs to be live soon
5 years ago
Yes we have seen a similar intermittent image behaviour on two different live sites using two different physical servers as well. Both have SSL and run 4.0 and 4.1 versions. Clearing the cache in the admin is enough to restore but we are yet to see a consistent time or reason for the bug to occur.
5 years ago
We are also seeing this same issue on a development site that we upgraded from 3.8 to 4.1 this week which we hoped to go live with later this week, a solution would be appreciated.
5 years ago
In continuing to try and find a solution to this problem...

While this may not be the root cause it definitely has something to do with caching. After posting on this a few days ago I turn on scheduling of clearing the cache. Clearing the cache makes the images show up.

Initial setting of every 30 minutes, then 20 when still seeing problem, then 15, and now trying 13. I was working on the products at around 10 minutes and everything seemed to be showing, but not when checking around 14 minutes.

Several things, this seems wrong to have to clear the cache this often; the cache should not be caching the IP address instead of the domain name in the absolute path, which appears to be the reason the images don't show for me; and finally, I don't understand why we can't get some kind of response from someone higher up who may be able to shed some light on the real reason.

I've exported the products to excel and every one has the same folder path on the server but when this happens it is not every image that doesn't show, although if I let it go it might be all of them eventually.

And also as I mentioned before I don't understand why we have to have an absolute path to the images when we only use relative paths to everything else.

And if I could get someone to explain where the domain portion of the path is being injected into the src tag I would simply rewrite it. At first glance the src tag is being built from the picture model but I can't find anything that makes me believe the picture model includes the domain path.

It would really be nice to have someone like a. m. respond to this
5 years ago
I have the same problem with my new Nop 4.1 website. I force the URL in the Store Panel and sometime the Images of the category use other fqdn site install on my server.

URL : https://Arpdistribution.ca
Bad Image link : https://24.226.132.91/images/thumbs/0000150_pneus_630.jpeg (SSL Broken)
Bad Image link : https://[random fdqn on my IIS]/images/thumbs/0000150_pneus_630.jpeg (SSL Broken)

Clear cache force update the Image link and often, it's ok since the cache is not clear or update by recycle Apppool

It's really frustrating, to work around I had to install on a dedicated server with a single IIS site and I still have occasional URLs with IP which breaks the SSL :( I must detect this bad image link with IP to force Clear cache ... nightmare... please help
5 years ago
Somebody with an sollution? Same problem here...
5 years ago
Hostheaders are set in IIS, for nonSSL request. SSL request are without hostheader (our version of IIS cannot send hostnames with SSLs...)

How to fix it then?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.