Installation instructions

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
Hi,

I cloned master branch of nopcommerce, opened VS2017 changed connString in dataSettings.json, run the project and I am getting bunch of errors. No database is created. Is there any guide for this? Checked the documentation but no such thing exists unless I didn't find it.

The error I am getting is
System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'libuv.dll' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.
File name: 'libuv.dll' ---> System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'libuv.dll' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.
File name: 'libuv.dll'

and
System.ApplicationException: No database instance
   at Nop.Data.Initializers.CreateTablesIfNotExist`1.InitializeDatabase(TContext context)

Thanks in advance
5 years ago
Hi,

There may be errors in master branch because I suppose this is development branch. Right? If you want to use nopCommerce then just download it from here. Otherwise, if you still want to pull project from GitHub directory then follow below steps to setup your project.

# Delete dataSettings.json and installedPlugins.json files
# Clean and re-build project in VS
# Run project, it should ask you to install nopCommerce and then you can follow standard way..

Hope this would help.

Thank you,
Atul
5 years ago
Thanks for your reply.
Master branch should not have errors since it is the release of v.4.0.0.

I did as you suggested deleted dataSettings.json file but installedPlugins.json does not exist
In any case it now successfully run.

Thanks again.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.