URL rewrite - capital letters

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I upgraded from 1.5 to 1.7 without problems.

But in google webmastertools  I now get more and more pages with idententical metadescriptions - witch is not a god thing.

example:

/Products/60-tennis-ketcher.aspx
same as
/products/60-tennis-ketcher.aspx

The page with Capital is the original one.

I can see that there is a new file named URLrewrite

How can I correct this so that i keep my Capital letters, and is this by design?

Best regards
Thomas
slikfabrikken.dk
13 years ago
I don't know the direct answer to your question but maybe Nop should be injecting the new "rel=canonical" tags. You could modify it to do that fairly easily. See http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=139394
13 years ago
Funny thing - I was just watching the exact same video when I saw your reply.

I did a quick hack, so that things could go back to normal right away.

In SEOHelper:

string url = string.Format(SettingManager.GetSettingValue("SEO.Product.UrlRewriteFormat"),
            CommonHelper.GetStoreLocation(), product.ProductId, seName);
     return url.ToString(); //.ToLowerInvariant();

- but I think you are right, we should add the cannonial link to the head of all pages, I just don't now how, right now.

At nopCommerce team:
"You do a fantastic job, and the work you have done is very useful. By now there must be  thousands of sites using nopCommerce. When changes are made, that are related to SEO, care should be taken, so that ranking is not affected (execpt for the better :-). SEO changes are probably the ones with the greatest impact, so any changes made should be discussed in this forum first, I think.

Thanks,
Thomas
http://www.slikfabrikken.dk
12 years ago
I agree. SEO is VERY important.. Being ranked high in the search results should be the ultimate goal of every e-commerce store
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.