Paypal Standard not set up correctly - Not redirecting, Email is not valid error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I don't know which configuration needs attention, Paypal or NopCommerce.  I wonder if you can help me.  I'm setting up my site for the first time and only have Paypal standard enabled for the payment option.  

I get to the CheckoutPaymentInfo.aspx page in the cart and see the "You will be redirected to PayPal site to complete the order." but when I click the next button, no redirect happens.  It just goes to the CheckoutConfirm.aspx page and says "Confirm your order" and an error gets thrown when clicking the "Confirm" button: "Email is not valid"

I know the configuration needs work, but where?  Here is all the info I figure you'll need; if you need more, I'll be happy to include:

1. PaymentMethods.aspx configuration:
Manual Processing    Credit Card            1   Not Active
Authorize.NET       Credit Card           2   Not Active
PayPal Direct       Credit Card           3   Not Active
PayFlow Pro       Credit Card           4   Not Active
eWay (Australia)    Credit Card           5   Not Active
PSI Gate           Credit Card           6   Not Active
CDG Commerce    Credit Card           7   Not Active
2Checkout       2Checkout           30   Not Active
Moneybookers       Moneybookers           31   Not Active
PayPal Standard    PayPal Standard        32   Active
PayPal Express       PayPal Express           33   Not Active
Google Checkout    Google Checkout        34   Not Active
Worldpay           Worldpay               35   Not Active
Purchase Order       Purchase Order        60   Not Active
Cash On Delivery    Cash On Delivery        70   Not Active
Check / Money Order    Check / Money Order    80   Not Active
eWay (UK)       Credit Card           100   Not Active
2. PaymentMethodDetails.aspx?PaymentMethodID=2
Name: PayPal Standard    
Visible name: PayPal Standard
Description: [blank]
Configuration template path: Payment\PayPalStandard\ConfigurePaymentMethod.ascx
User template path: ~\Templates\Payment\PayPalStandard\PaymentModule.ascx  
Class name: NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Payment.Methods.PayPal.PayPalStandardPaymentProcessor, Nop.Payment.PayPal
System keyword: [blank]
Active: Checked
Display order: 32
Use Sandbox:  Unchecked
Business Email:   [my email]
PTI Identity Token: [my token]
3. GlobalSettings.aspx
Anonymous checkout allowed: Unchecked
13 years ago
That's OK. There's always a "Confirm Order" step.

Regarding email. It means that you entered wrong email address on billing or shipping address.
13 years ago
Thanks Andrei.  But the email is a valid email address.  

Do you have step-by-step instructions on how to set up Paypal Standard?  Maybe I'm missing something on that end?  I'm thinking that because it doesn't redirect to Paypal Standard after clicking Confirm.  Do I need to set up something intricate with Paypal?
13 years ago
I found the problem.  The email address has an extra space at the end.  You need to trim email addresses before you save the user account information or it will fail the shopping cart.  

That seems like a pretty big bug since it would cause lost revenue - people get frustrated and just leave the site not buying anything and you'll never know it.  All because of a data entry issue.
13 years ago
I agree. After clinching the sale, the customer walks away all pissed off and you lose both customer and sale!!
13 years ago
Joe Datesta:

Would you mind telling us exactly where you fixed this bug? (page, code behind etc)
thanks!
13 years ago
JoeDatesta wrote:
I found the problem.  The email address has an extra space at the end.  You need to trim email addresses before you save the user account information or it will fail the shopping cart.  

That seems like a pretty big bug since it would cause lost revenue - people get frustrated and just leave the site not buying anything and you'll never know it.  All because of a data entry issue.

What version are you using? This bug was fixed long time ago.
13 years ago
Yeah, it's an old version.  1.40.  Ok, I'll upgrade.  Thanks.
13 years ago
Hi Andrei,

What is the process you'd recommend for upgrading 1.40 to 1.70?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.