Categories with the same name are not supported in the same category level

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
Hello,

I'm trying to import product details via the Export function in nopCommerce, but when I try and upload anything I am greeted with the error

"Categories with the same name are not supported in the same category level"

I'm not sure why categories would even effect me trying to alter products but sadly it does.

I'm assuming this means that I can't have categories that have the same name under the same parent e.g.

Hardware -> MyCat
Hardware -> MyCat

I've checked my categories and I don't have anything like this.

The only duplicate category names I have is under other parent categories such as

Hardware -> MyCat
Consumables -> MyCat

I don't think the error would be referring to these categories would they?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
5 years ago
All the categories are loaded into memory during the Import, so that the lookup is fast.  During that load, it is detecting the duplicate.  Do a categories export to XLSX and verify no dups under same parent category id.  If none, then do you have multiple languages enabled?  If you are sure that "only duplicate category names I have is under other parent categories", then check the localized names.  (I don't think there is an easy way, e.g. export, that allows you to see them; you will need to go to each language sub tab on the category edit page.)
4 years ago
I assume you got this sorted, for anyone else who stumbles across this I had the same issue when I created a new category I assume I used the back button and saved again?? At some point.  

I couldn't see it in the categories (Web GUI) and was nothing to do with the products i importing, i deleted from the duplicate category from the database this solved the problem for me.
3 years ago
This process worked for me.   It appears NOP will allow duplicate category names and assignments from the admin, and these are not caught until the import/export routine is run.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.