issue with v1.70 - A generic error occurred in GDI+.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Dear friends,

I am having a small issue when hosting the site version 1.70 on .NET 4.0 .
please help/guide me
following is the error that i get...

Server Error in '/t' Application.
A generic error occurred in GDI+.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: A generic error occurred in GDI+.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ExternalException (0x80004005): A generic error occurred in GDI+.]
   System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams) +461268
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Media.PictureManager.GetPictureUrl(Picture picture, Int32 targetSize, Boolean showDefaultPicture) +2471
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.HomePageProductsControl.dlRelatedProducts_ItemDataBound(Object sender, DataListItemEventArgs e) +433
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.OnItemDataBound(DataListItemEventArgs e) +8692050
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.CreateItem(Int32 itemIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem) +152
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +488
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +64
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.DataBind() +55
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.HomePageProductsControl.BindData() +121
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.HomePageProductsControl.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +83
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +146
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1
13 years ago
open https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/default.aspx page

enter GDI+ and click "Search" button.
13 years ago
Looks like something is going wrong when the image is being saved.

I'd start by checking that you have a subfolder called images\thumbs. If you don't have it, create it. Then ensure that the user id which the NopCommerce app pool runs under has write permissions on that folder.
13 years ago
I have the same issue. It works fine locally but on my godaddy shared hosting it is causing issues. Settings are as follows:

.NET 3.5
nopCommerce v1.6

any advice would be great, thanks in advance
13 years ago
give permission to write to the folders NopCommerceStore\images, NopCommerceStore\images\thumbs
13 years ago
Katavary - Thanks for that quick and helpful reply. I was under the assumption that all my sub files Inherited from my root directory but for what ever reason they did not. Your response made me do more research.. Thanks a bunch
13 years ago
For godaddy I just installed and had the same issue on 1.8
I am kind of a newb and thought i had to enable permission via the web.config or something... but actually it's file permission via IIS. You can do this through godaddy by following this link's instructions.

http://help.godaddy.com/article/2323

thank you to all who provided some feedback in this thread for this issue!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.