How to add a dynamic scrolling Image Gallery to a topic page

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
This question is probably answered somewhere on the forum but I have tried a few suggestions and I am struggling (probably due to my limited knowledge of Javascript).

I want to add a scrolling image gallery to one topic page, I would prefer not to have to define the list of images rather point the script to a folder and allow it to dynamically build the the gallery from the folder I point it to.

If anyone could help that would be fantastic!
13 years ago
Hello,

I am trying to make changes to the Horizonal Menu from the darkOrage Template and I do not know where to start??

Things I am trying to accomplish are: 1) Remove and Add some new names to the HeaderMenu, including hovering? I have an idea hovering should be modified in the CSS file or am I not on the right track?

This is the link of the site I am working on: http://www.myamericanfurnituregalleries.com/

2) The link below is to the SAMPLE I am trying to implement into my home page of the site ABOVE.
http://www.myamericanfurnituregalleries.com/afgdev05/AFG_sample2/index.html

Does anyone have any lead as in how it is done? Many thanks!
13 years ago
1) In order to modify your header, all you need to do it : modification in css style sheet of your skin, and required changes in Modules/HeaderMenu.ascx.

2) For adding image gallery on your homepage : the sample link that you provided, on that website it's flash, all the images are embedded in a flash file and getting displayed on the homepage.
You can create a flash file with some images and post it on your homepage, that's it!

Do you know how to create flash files ? If no, let me know i'll help you...
13 years ago
Thanks for the quick response!

The sample you see is the sample I created in HTML. Now I am trying to implement that in my darkOrange template.

Since I am new to ASP.NET, can you give me some lead to do the following:

1) Get the flash I've created in HTML sample to my home page in darkOrange template?

2) Get the images I"ve created in HTML sample to my home page in darkOrange template?

Many thanks!
13 years ago
Save your flash file .swf in this location -> NopCommerceStore folder / images / thumbs

Now go to admin section >   Content Management   >   Topics  

Find "HomePageText " and click on "Edit"

now in the while space provide > you will see 3 button at the bottom > click on this [<>]

and paste this code for flash:

<object width="550" height="400">
<param name="movie" value="http://www.myamericanfurnituregalleries.com/images/thumbs/YourFlashFile.swf">
<embed src="http://www.myamericanfurnituregalleries.com/images/thumbs/YourFlashFile.swf" width="550" height="400">
</embed>
</object>

now save it (Just change "YourFlashFile.swf" with your flash file name)

For inserting images > you can use image tool on the tool bar available on this HTML EDITOR

save it

and you should be able to see the flash on your home page...
13 years ago
It worked and many thanks to you!

Now I am trying to add hover to the HeaderMenu like the one on SAMPL2 and here the link to it:

http://www.myamericanfurnituregalleries.com/afgdev05/AFG_sample2/index.html

Any idea where I can start?
13 years ago
Hi there,

Funny  how nothing I modify in the "App_Themes\administration" and "App_Themes\administration\images" directories worked or had any effect. I checked and checked and I know for sure there are files calling from those directories.

eg: I was able to embedded the hover for the HeaderMenu. However, I am trying to remove the black background on the HeaderMenu but I am sure how?? I even tried to remove the following code

/*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

MASTER HEADER MENU

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*/

.header-menu
{
  width: 100%;
  line-height: 29px;
  height:31px;
  background: url('images/admin-menu-bg.gif') repeat-x;  
}

from the master.css file located in "App_Themes\administration\" but it had no effect. The admin-menu-bg.gif seems to be the black background I see behind the HeaderMenu. Is this a bug that someone know of?

See the link below:

http://www.myamericanfurnituregalleries.com/
13 years ago
hello,
good to know that flash is working now...looks good

talking about the header menu...well it should be there in the css master style sheet in the header section..do not remove it ,,make small changes and see how it affects your website and you will see yourself where to make changes because removing any section can cause problems in your design / layout...

and remember every-time you make changes in your style sheet > you need to clear catch & cookies from your browser in order to see the change...

I recommend you to use latest/current version of nopCommerce because older  themes includes many style sheets but current/latest theme includes only 1 style sheet and it is easy to handle...
13 years ago
Hi there,

One thing I notice is that all CSS files in "App_Themes\administration" have any effect to the changes I made. Are there bugs in NopCommerce V1.0 or am I doing something wrong?

In the master.css (App_Themes\darkOrange directory), there's a line in the HeaderMenu section where the background color specified in black. I tried to change to the color that match the HeaderMenu bg and remove the background line, neither way worked! I am wondering where in the world the black bg bar is calling from? I really have no idea.

About the upgrade, is it easy to do? Will it effect all the work and the progress I've made? I never install the NopCommerce, my boss installed and handed me this project.

I also have a question about change the text in the Header-Links line from top of the page where it lists (Register; Login; Shopping Cart; Wishlist).

Another question would be adding back the SearchBox I removed from the HeaderMenu. Is it easy to do?

Best regards,
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.