Paypal direct

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

I have did a test purchase through paypal sandbox using paypal direct. The following error was thrown and the purchase did not go through.

Log type:  OrderError  
Severity:  11  
Message:  Error while placing order. LongMessage: This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration. ShortMessage: Invalid Configuration ErrorCode: 10501  
Exception:  System.Exception: LongMessage: This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration. ShortMessage: Invalid Configuration ErrorCode: 10501  

I did not understand what was wrong with the configuration since the purchase went through smoothly with paypal express checkout, but not with paypal direct? Thanks in advance.
13 years ago
I have exactly the same problem, everything works fine live but when using the sandbox it throws the error?

Anyone have any ideas?
13 years ago
Think I have finally found a solution to this!

It seems that it is down to the sandbox account not being verified. The easiest way to create an account that is verified is to "Create a preconfigured buyer or seller account" from the "test accounts" options from the sandbox home page.

Make sure that "Add a Bank Account" is selected as this is required to create a verified account.

Hope this helps someone.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.