List of Proposed Changes for next version

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
15 years ago
I it possible to give us a list of the changes you are expecting to put into the next release.

I am holding of on a decision if I should use this based on what will be in the next version ( mainly replacing the tables based design with CSS ) and it would help the decision process.

Neil
15 years ago
nopCommerce was fully rewritten. New version will be available in several days

1.  Capture payments from admin panel. New order management
2.  PSI Gate payment gateway
3.  Cash On Delivery payment method
4.  Purchase Order  payment method
5.  Check / Money Order payment method
6.  PayFlow Pro payment gateway
7.  CDGcommerce payment gateway
8.  Worldpay payment gateway
9.  Google Checkout payment gateway (beta)
10.  Out of stock activity. Minimum stock quantity. Low stock activity
11.  Shipping architecture is fully rewritten.
12.  Real time shipping. UPS.
13.  Real time shipping. USPS
14.  Web design for site is reworked (good CSS)
15.  Install wizard
16.  Tax calculation is implemented now with provider model
17.  Strike Iron tax provider
18.  Cardholder data are encrypted now. Sensitive data are not stored in the database anymore.
19.  Coupons
20.  Simple reporting
21.     Support for shared SSL
22.  Image capture on login
22.  Image capture on registration
23.  Product can be marked as tax exempt
24.     Language can be selected for news, polls, blog now
25.  Localized message templates
26.  Manage wishlist enabled/disabled.
27.  Manage blog enabled/disabled.
28.  Opt-in for mailings ('I would like to receive newsletters')
29.  Euro currency symbol is proper displayed now.
30.  When a user hit 'continue' after updating his cart, he returns to the previous product page and not the main store page.
31.  Subcategories are shown on navigation menu now
32.  Putting Add to cart button beside Details button on the category/manufacturer page without see the details.
33.  Featured products on category page and on manufacturer page
34.  Categories on home page
35.  Featured products on home page

May be:
27.     FedEx shipping
28.     DHL shipping
15 years ago
excellent - many thanks
15 years ago
it would be really useful if you could select a css file for the store from the admin  section
15 years ago
Hi All,

excelent Software !!! much better than dashcommerce !!!

But i miss in both Tools the posebility to have Localized Categorys, Vendors and Products (Discription, Names) and all the other infos what are needet for an World wide acting Shop.

Go on like this !!!

Peysche
15 years ago
Thanks! Localizable products/categories will be available little later.
15 years ago
Something I think would be quite useful is to build in a banner/advert system.

What I would probably do is extend the existing ASP.net banner control and have it retrieve information from the db.

Requirements:

> An admin user can create an unlimited number of banners
> Banners can be grouped into different categories
> A banner url can be set to either a category or product (so clicking on the banner will take you to the relevant page)
> A banner can have a start date and an end date (after which the banner has expired)
> A banner can be set to default. If there is more than one default banner then they are rotated based on their priority (see below)
> A banner can have a priority level set. The priority determines the likelihood of the banner being displayed (within it's category)
> A banner should record how many times it has been clicked. This opens up the ability to have third party banners on your site and charge "per click"
> Standard properties such as alternate text and target window can be set within the gui
> The banner images will be uploaded using the existing upload functionality. It is down to the user to create the banner at a specific size.

The way I see this working is that you could create a Category "HeaderBanners" and a Category "SideBanners". Your HeaderBanners will be larger banners set to scale the full width of your page. The SideBanners may be smaller images advertising things like free shipping etc.

So then on the markup of your page you could have something like:

<nop:Banner ID="banHeader" runat="Server" BannerCategory="HeaderBanners"/>

or

<nop:Banner ID="banSide" runat="Server" BannerCategory="SideBanners"/>

If this is unlikely to make it into the new release (let me know if it is) then I will probably write this feature myself and submit for the next release.

Thanks,

Ben
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.