Currently w/GoDaddy (slooowww) - Arvixe any good?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I really need to know what to expect as far as response time for Arvixe hosting plans.  I'm currently using NopCommerce 1.6 with GoDaddy shared hosting (~$60/yr) and it's taking FOR-STINKIN-EVER to access my website.

Every morning for the last week, the first thing I do is time how long it takes to open my website.  Just now I timed it and it took 7min 41sec to open my home page (I have FIOS).  The times range anywhere from 2:30 to the record of 7:41.  Once I access it the first time, any subsequent times it works OK (I wouldn't say great).

I believe the holdup is not with GoDaddy's SQL servers, but rather with the machines themselves.  I use my LocalHost to test my nop application while remotely using their SQL servers to access my data and it's pretty responsive.  So getting the data doesn't seem to be a problem.  

It seems to me that the servers must get rebooted sometime during the night, or something because the time it takes to load in the morning is as if it's recompiling after a rebuild.  

In any event, it's too slow for a ecommerce site.  So I'm looking to switch hosting companies.  This site recommends Arvixe (how do you pronounce that?) so I've been looking at that.  Can someone please share their experience with this company?  And also include which plan you're using and what amount of traffic you get.

I'm looking at either the PersonalClass ASP class $8/mo, the BusinessClass ASP $27/mo, or the VSP ASP $60/mo.
13 years ago
I heard nopcommerce 1.7 admin is really slow with godaddy. I am currenly trying out arvixe and nopcommerce 1.6 and so far seem fast. I try to chat 3 time and wait time 1 to 3 minutes.  I can't recomment yet since i only try out 3 days. so far, i have been happy with low price and fast support time.
13 years ago
steveeb wrote:
I really need to know what to expect as far as response time for Arvixe hosting plans.  I'm currently using NopCommerce 1.6 with GoDaddy shared hosting (~$60/yr) and it's taking FOR-STINKIN-EVER to access my website.

Every morning for the last week, the first thing I do is time how long it takes to open my website.  Just now I timed it and it took 7min 41sec to open my home page (I have FIOS).  The times range anywhere from 2:30 to the record of 7:41.  Once I access it the first time, any subsequent times it works OK (I wouldn't say great).

I believe the holdup is not with GoDaddy's SQL servers, but rather with the machines themselves.  I use my LocalHost to test my nop application while remotely using their SQL servers to access my data and it's pretty responsive.  So getting the data doesn't seem to be a problem.  

It seems to me that the servers must get rebooted sometime during the night, or something because the time it takes to load in the morning is as if it's recompiling after a rebuild.  

In any event, it's too slow for a ecommerce site.  So I'm looking to switch hosting companies.  This site recommends Arvixe (how do you pronounce that?) so I've been looking at that.  Can someone please share their experience with this company?  And also include which plan you're using and what amount of traffic you get.

I'm looking at either the PersonalClass ASP class $8/mo, the BusinessClass ASP $27/mo, or the VSP ASP $60/mo.

I am with ARVIXE and very happy with their service...

I did a lot of research before signing up contract with ARVIXE and after the research i had to decide between 2 (ARVIXE / Softsys)

Both are good , but ARVIXE offers more services and is very affordable as compared to any other hosting company

I did a comparison between Softsys and ARVIXE, and research on best hosting company for nopCommerce -- here it is:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/5376/need-advise-for-hosting-server-please-share-your-experience.aspx?p=2

Hope it helps...
13 years ago
But which plan are you using?

I'm hesitant about shared hosting because of my experience with GoDaddy.  

I called Arvixe about an hour ago and the guy told me that the BusinessClass hosting is shared hosting too but limited to about 1/3 the number of sites (domains?) per server as compared to their PersonalClass.
13 years ago
I am using Personal Class ASP plan, which is on shared server

I can have 6 domains in this plan and 1 domain is free for lifetime (until i stay with ARVIXE)

unlimited mailboxes, unlimited space, unlimited database size and number...if you go for 2 years plan it will cost you $5/month...

I guess no one provides these services....

what problems you faced on go daddy that's making you reluctant from going for shared hosted server ?
13 years ago
The only problem I have encountered so far is the response time of the servers.  

Eight minutes to serve a webpage is ridiculous.
13 years ago
steveeb wrote:
The only problem I have encountered so far is the response time of the servers.  

Eight minutes to serve a webpage is ridiculous.

8 minutes ? That's too much..i have many websites on godaddy and i am very much familiar with your frustration for godaddy...

well i hope i could show you my website but i am still working on it...

but i can assure you arvixe speed is really good, very fast (telling you from my personal experience)- you won't regret...

the link i gave you above , you can read the feedback on that topic from the people here using ARVIXE as their hosting company, all are happy...
13 years ago
I'm in the process of setting up on Go Daddy.  http://mattresslw.com.  It's on a virtual dedicated server.  It's really not that bad, speed-wise, on a usual basis.  It can be slow though.

Here's my recommendation:  don't use Go Daddy if you're expecting any help with configuring your server, sql, etc. unless you would like to spend a lot of money.  They nickel and dime you to death and want to charge you for everything.  For example, I was getting an error message 40 where the connection to the sql server could not be established.  Seemed like a common error, according to several forums that I read.  Go Daddy's "Expert Hands" "fixed" it after a $50 charge.  It worked for about 10 minutes and then it went down again.  They wanted to charge me another $50 to diagnose the problem and fix it again.  It was the same problem.  They were nice enough, this time, to diagnose the problem (which wasn't fixed in the first place) and discovered that the sql server was shut off.  They set it to automatic and now it seems to be working fine.

Don't expect even basic help from Go Daddy.  They're great for shared servers but expect to spend money for simple, general problems on a dedicated server.

That was very cathartic.  I feel better now.
13 years ago
First, GoDaddy does not support ASP.NET 4.0. so you CANNOT run 1.70 with them. Second, I migrated from GoDaddy to Arvixe, then upgraded my instll to 1.70 and now it blows the doors off GoDaddy's 1.60 installation.

I even put up a post on how to upgrade with Arvixe somewhere here on these forums. You can PM me if you need more info.

Hope this helps!

Daniel
13 years ago
My nopcommerce website is currently hosted by Arvixe and till present I think it can be trusted and their support team is also very friendly!
Please Check
Arvixe nopCommerce Hosting
Thank you!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.