Quote Button Functionality is not working ?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Suddenly my Quote Button Functionality is not working

whenever i post anything on the forum as a "Quote"

it looks like this:

[quote=username1]Hi ,

here is my post on the forum

this forum looks good[//quote]

Thank You

(You will see  i added 1 more // in the end tag of quote as it was becoming dotted line here...)

1) I did some changes in css but never done any changes regarding "quote" button...(FYI: I am using nopClassic Theme)
2) I even tested it as on my local project, "Quote" button functionality is working fine and i just changed the css style sheet of my local project with the one i have on the server and still it is not working,,
3) I have checked the admin section also, in the forum setting > the selected editor is : BBCODE editor...

please guide me how to fix this problem or where to look at ?
13 years ago
Just tested in both themes,,Quote button functionality is not working in both themes.... Please guide me in a right direction where to look at ?
13 years ago
Here's my css style of My nopClassic theme quote button and STILL IT IS NOT WORKING:

.quotepostlinkbutton
{
  color: #555555;
  float: right;
  padding: 1px 3px 1px 3px;
  border: solid 1px #cccccc;
  line-height: 15px;
  font-size: 11px;
}

.postcontent .postbody .posttext .quote
{
  padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px;
  border: dashed 1px black;
  background-color: #ffffff;
}

.profile-page .body .userLastPosts .topicBody .quote
{
  padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px;
  border: dashed 1px black;
  background-color: #ffffff;
}
13 years ago
Anyone ?
13 years ago
Just set a breakpoint into ForumManager.FormatPostText method and see what is going wrong.
P.S. It'll invoke BBCodeHelper.FormatText method that renders quotes. Presume that your problem is there
13 years ago
nopCommerce team | a.m. wrote:
Just set a breakpoint into ForumManager.FormatPostText method and see what is going wrong.
P.S. It'll invoke BBCodeHelper.FormatText method that renders quotes. Presume that your problem is there

It's very strange Andrei , it is working on local machine and i uploaded the same code on server and on server it is not working...

I followed your instructions > set a breakpoint into ForumManager.FormatPostText method (in forumpost.ascx.cs)

These are the screenshot,,,(but i don't see any problem,,,do you see any problem ?)

screenshot 1

screenshot 2

screenshot 3

screenshot 4

working output on local machine

Here's the output on the server which is not working:

False Output on server

(On my local machine, i re-build my solution > again tested everything on local machine > uploaded and replaced old bin folder on server with new one, replaced forum pages again and still it is not working ???,,how ?)

P.S. While struggling with this error, i found out a bug in quote button functionality: i just posted it in Bug Thread Here:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/5699/quote-button-functionality-doesnt-work-after-2-levels.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.