Differences between product attributes and specification attributes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi am new to NOP commerce and am struggling a little to understand the difference between product attributes and specification attributes. I understand that for example, that to offer different colours or sizes of the same product i can set up a product attribute and then conifgure that through the product variant attributes screen,

When i look at product specifications it seems to me as though they do the same, but i know this cant be correct,

There doesnt seem to be any detailed explanation in the user manual, can anyone offer any advice on the differences and maybe provide an example of when and why you would use each type of attribute?  

Many Thanks

Liam
13 years ago
"Unlike product attributes, specification attributes are used for information purposes only (visible on product details page) and can be used for filtering products on the category details page. They are mapped to products and not to product variants"

Copied from the user guide
13 years ago
Oops, yes my apologies the answer was in the user manual after all, thanks very much for pointng it out i uunderstand now.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.