ShoppingCart NullReferenceException in IE 7,8

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
NopCommerce 1.6 without any customization, language changed and minor modifications in design.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Add product to shopping cart without login(anonymous user)
2. Click any of the following buttons:"Update cart", "Continue", "Checkout".
3. In "Debug" mode there will be error page with exception details, in "Release" - nothing happens.

System -> Log:

Log type:  Unknown  
Severity:  11  
Message:  Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.  
Exception:  System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at System.Web.Util.StringUtil.GetStringHashCode(String s) at System.Web.UI.ClientScriptManager.EnsureEventValidationFieldLoaded() at System.Web.UI.ClientScriptManager.ValidateEvent(String uniqueId, String argument) at System.Web.UI.Control.ValidateEvent(String uniqueID, String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList.System.Web.UI.IPostBackDataHandler.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean fBeforeLoad) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at ASP.shoppingcart_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\4b95883c\59038915\App_Web_eki8ik7a.39.cs:line 0 at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)  
IP address:  127.0.0.1  
Customer:  
Page URL:  http://localhost:47180/shoppingcart.aspx  
Referrer:  http://localhost:47180/shoppingcart.aspx  
Created on:  8/19/2010 12:51:01 PM  

It reproduced in just IE browser, under Firefox and Chrome it works fine without exceptions.

Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance.
13 years ago
Hmm. The problem solved, but i still have no idea why it happened.

I've turned off event validation in web.config file and now it works.

I remember that one change i did in source code is moving view state to the bottom of the page, probably it was the source of the issue.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.