Adding a fee for specific item types

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

I'm trying to setup nopCommerce to have some special fee automatically added for certain types of item to my shopping cart.

Example, im trying to sell tires but in one of the state I plan to sell them, I have to charge an extra 5$ recycling fee. This fee is not taxable but should still appear in the shopping cart and the invoice.

Is there a way to add these fees to certain categories of item or is this feature not available in nopCommerce?

Thanks!
13 years ago
*bump* as I'd like an answer.
13 years ago
This feature is not available in nopCommerce
13 years ago
You are losing a lot of potential business by not having this option available. These taxes are very popular all over the US.

Right now, the only flat rate tax value we could add to some item seems to be the checkout additional fee, which does however not multiply the items in the basket.

Is there any way of adding a mandatory attribute to an item, at a price we can choose.  And if someone orders 3 items, the attribute charge is multiplied by 3?

Hint: Add a non-taxable attribute option @ a price we can choose. Allow for mandatory selection.
This would allow us a work-around. It would not work for tax exempt resellers as it will show up even so they are tax exempt and need not pay this fee.  But it will accommodate the other 95% of us. I think ? 

Maybe the feature exists already in nopCommerce, but I am not able to figure out how to do it.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.