PayPal PSD2 ready?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
Hi

I have received an email from PayPal relating to implementing PSD2: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/psd2

Email contents:

As a business accepting card payments, your online checkout will need upgrading to comply with a new European Union directive requiring Strong Customer Authentication (SCA). The directive applies from 14 September 2019, but card issuers are working towards SCA by April so that their systems are fully operational by the deadline.

Has NopCommerce got any supported plugins for it?

Currently I have PayPal Express checkout enabled and also Credit Card processing via PayPal

Plugin names:
Payments.PayPalDirect
Payments.PayPalExpressCheckout

Anyone else have received same email?

Thanks
5 years ago
Hi,

Yes. I have received the same email from PayPal.

I think the PayPal plugin needs updating to include this new requirement as soon as possible before the deadline.
5 years ago
Payments.PayPalDirect is not included in nopCommerce out of the box anymore

Regarding Payments.PayPalExpressCheckout. We paln to add Smart Payment buttons to it along with PSD2 support unilt September 2019
5 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Payments.PayPalDirect is not included in nopCommerce out of the box anymore

Regarding Payments.PayPalExpressCheckout. We paln to add Smart Payment buttons to it along with PSD2 support unilt September 2019

Thanks for update.

From speaking to PayPal the express payment is not the issue as it redirects you to paypal site from where everything happens.

Problem is with paypal direct as the user remains in the checkout page. So what is the alternative supported plugin for paypal direct please?

Also PayPal have partnered with Cardinal commerce to supply plugin for integration. However they support nearly all other e-commerce platforms except for nopCommerce. They may do soon but nothing yet. I've noticed this trend for number of 3rd parties where they don't support nopCommerce for whatever reason. Any idea what is the reason for this?
5 years ago
Here is a plugin
https://www.nopcommerce.com/p/3516/paypal-direct.aspx

Im not sure as I have seen various posts but I think the problem is unless you have a paypal direct account already then Paypal will not provide new accounts

Paypal also has Braintree as another option

Anyway read about all the posts here https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/search.aspx?searchterms=paypal+direct
5 years ago
Thanks. Will look into these options and speak to PayPal in relation to deprecation of paypal direct.
5 years ago
ImsTech Ltd wrote:
From speaking to PayPal the express payment is not the issue as it redirects you to paypal site from where everything happens

Sure, my fault. You're absolutely right

ImsTech Ltd wrote:
Also PayPal have partnered with Cardinal commerce to supply plugin for integration. However they support nearly all other e-commerce platforms except for nopCommerce. They may do soon but nothing yet

Who exactly do you mean by "they"? Please clarify. if Cardinal or PayPal, then please see my answer below

ImsTech Ltd wrote:
I've noticed this trend for number of 3rd parties where they don't support nopCommerce for whatever reason. Any idea what is the reason for this?

I won't agree on that. nopCommerce is integrated with almost all major platforms. If some integration is not available yet, then it's always possible to implement it. Please also note that it's usually done (in open-source world) by third-party developers - not by nopCommerce team and not by third-party platforms (e.g. Facebook, PayPal, etc)
5 years ago
a.m. wrote:
From speaking to PayPal the express payment is not the issue as it redirects you to paypal site from where everything happens
Sure, my fault. You're absolutely right

Also PayPal have partnered with Cardinal commerce to supply plugin for integration. However they support nearly all other e-commerce platforms except for nopCommerce. They may do soon but nothing yet
Who exactly do you mean by "they"? Please clarify. if Cardinal or PayPal, then please see my answer below

I've noticed this trend for number of 3rd parties where they don't support nopCommerce for whatever reason. Any idea what is the reason for this?
I won't agree on that. nopCommerce is integrated with almost all major platforms. If some integration is not available yet, then it's always possible to implement it. Please also note that it's usually done (in open-source world) by third-party developers - not by nopCommerce team and not by third-party platforms (e.g. Facebook, PayPal, etc)

Hi

I was referring to Cardinal.

Someone has provided link to the plugin. I need to checkout yet..

Thanks for replies.
4 years ago
>I was referring to Cardinal.

Write here about result. I wanted to do payment plugin for Cardinal for my shop but I noticed that PayPal has BrainTree and BrainTree supports CSA and 3DS 2.0 (?  I didn't get answer from BrainTree).

All payment services prepare to SCA and they changes rules often.
4 years ago
Does anyone have the answer from Cardinal?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.