Just installed nopCommerce 1.7, and now I need help

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I am new to e-commerce, and therefore new to nopCommerce.  I installed 1.7 on site hosted on godaddy.com.  I need your help on the following:

1. When I log in as admin, and trying to create category, product and so on, I get the security error saying:
"The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file."

What's this error?  How can I fix it?  FYI, I bought SSL from godaddy so I set "UseSSL" to be true in web.config

2.  How do I get my own company logo displayed installed of the nopCommerce one?

I cannot go too far yet, so these are my questions so far.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Brandon
13 years ago
1. When I log in as admin, and trying to create category, product and so on, I get the security error saying:
"The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file."

nopcommerce should be run in full trust and read/write permission must be granted to images folder - you chould conatct godaddy support about the issue - if you search 'go daddy' onthis forum, you will find lots of posts which may or may not be useful to you

2.  How do I get my own company logo displayed installed of the nopCommerce one?

see if this post helps
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/3970/skin-file-and-css.aspx

-regards, hayden
13 years ago
Does nopCommerce have to run on full trust, or can it be reduced to medium as what godaddy allows?

Thanks so much
13 years ago
it runs in medium trust (without any modification to the code)

but PDF and Excel related features will not work

regards, hayden
13 years ago
As my thread was similar, I'll post to here instead.

The issue for this poster (as for me) is not to do with pdfs or excel, it is trying to add a product category, specifically (at least for me)  the error refers to the ajax control toolkit.

I cant change hosting (this year) as we just bought reseller hosting with this company as we have several domains.

If I add   <trust level ="Medium"  /> to web.config I get

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: This configuration section cannot be used at this path.  This happens when the site administrator has locked access to this section using <location allowOverride="false"> from an inherited configuration file.

Unfortunately, I have to move on with the project, and I really wanted to work with asp.net as its what I've worked with before, and php is alien to me but I might have to go that route as both Cube commerce and Zen installed easily.
13 years ago
we have the same problem - would be really good if the nop team could change the product to run administration of products etc. in medium trust environment, which is all some hosting companies will allow
13 years ago
From my limited knowledge, full trust is required for web services such as outputting to excel and pdf. Hence the need to run in full trust. However, does the Ajax WYSIWYG editor require full trust? I thought Ajax was happy to work at medium trust?
13 years ago
sorry, I'm not quite sure if the last comment was in response to mine or not; in any event, what I meant to say was that the administration of products etc. is a real problem in medium trust environments. Why can't this be changed in nopCommerce, rather than relying on everyone having full trust environments? The hosting environment can't always be chosen by the nop administrators.
13 years ago
Just when I downloaded 1.7, now 1.8 comes out.  Anyone did a fresh install and how do you like it?

Thanks, Brandon
13 years ago
I just upgraded to 1.8 on Godaddy, and it's broke.  I sometimes get the same error as the OP, and if I do get into Admin, any page having to do with the Ajax toolkit will not display info.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.