Error trying to add a category (new install)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Getting this error - I set permissions to 777 for the file/folders indicated in the manual via Filezilla. The server is Windows IIS and uses a separate sql server 2005. I dont have direct access to IIS, I can only access my hosting via the Helm control panel. Can anyone help with this. I'd rather use asp.net as it is the platform Ive previously worked with.

Server Error in '/' Application.
Security Exception
Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request failed.

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
   <system.web>
       <compilation debug="true"/>
   </system.web>
</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Request failed.]
   AjaxControlToolkit.HTMLEditor.EditPanel.set_ActiveMode(ActiveModeType value) +0
   AjaxControlToolkit.HTMLEditor.EditPanel.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) +159
   AjaxControlToolkit.ScriptControlBase.System.Web.UI.IPostBackDataHandler.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) +13
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean fBeforeLoad) +8905944
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +8431
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +253
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +78
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +21
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
   ASP.administration_categoryadd_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in App_Web_rkwh5fpr.44.cs:0
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +100
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75
13 years ago
hi, you could try contacting your host support

tell them you need the application to run in full trust and
ask them to give user and network-service read/write permission to the application
13 years ago
This is the response from the hosting company

"This problem is happening because the AjaxControlToolkit assemblies are performing an operation which require ASP.NET  Full Trust security clearance when our shared web servers are running the Microsoft recommended security policy of Medium Trust; unfortunately we aren't able to change the security level on our shared web servers however the domain could be migrated to our Premier service where the servers run Full Trust?

http://forums.redfoxuk.com/threads/5039-Announcing-Red-Fox-Hosting-Premier

As a first step you or the developer should check if the assemblies could be changed to become Medium Trust compliant."

Has anyone modified the assemblies to make them medium trust? Can the software run at medium trust?

cheers

Adam
13 years ago
hi adam,

nopcommerce is designed to run in full trust - see https://www.nopcommerce.com/technologysystemrequirements.aspx

but it can also run in medium trust (with some features limited )

normally you can find a host (probably around the same price as your current host ) who will run the application in full trust on shared hosting

regards, hayden
13 years ago
You need to run it in Full Trust to be able to use all the features, so you have to talk to your hosting company, I'm using WinHost (http://www.winhost.com/) and they support full trust even in the US $5.0 plan.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.