Combine free shipping and fixed shipping in one order

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
How do I combine free shipping (downloadable product) and fixed shipping cost in one order?

I have one regular product and one downloadable product. I want to have a fixed shipping cost for the regular product. It works just fine if the customers order just that product. But if they also buy a downloadable product (with free shipping/no shipping) the whole order will be set to zero shipping cost.

Please help!
13 years ago
No answers yet :(

I was thinking I could configure the shipping so that an order with a weight of 0 (zero) would cost nothing and everything above that would cost a fixed price...  is that possible? How would I do?
13 years ago
Still no answers :(

I have searched the forums but haven't found anything... please help!
13 years ago
hi,

for your downloadable product, go to the product variant -

untick  ' enable shipping '

save

set you ordinary shipping method as you like

physical products will be charged according to your configuration and downloadable products will be shipped without charge

- hayden
13 years ago
haydie wrote:
hi,

save

physical products will be charged according to your configuration and downloadable products will be shipped without charge

- hayden

Thanks for the help...  I'll try it out right away.
13 years ago
haydie wrote:
hi,

save

- hayden

I just tried it out and the same result: Everything works when I only have physical products in the shopping cart (correct shipping cost). But as soon as I add a downloadable product to the shopping cart, with no shipping cost, the total price for the shipping of the order is set to 0.
I have set the shipping cost to a fixed price. I have unchecked  ' enable shipping ' in the downloadable products setting.
13 years ago
hi, i tested this in v 1.8:

Fixed Rate Shipping   £ 70

made sure downloadable product is set to 'shipping enabled' false (unticked) :

added download and physical items to cart in different combinations

if it was download item only, shipping option did not appear, if there was physical items in the cart, shipping was £70

so the system seems to work perfectly well

have you got more than one shipping method in use ( best if its only 1 )? or maybe you have made some ommission in the setup ?
13 years ago
Thanks for your help. Solved it!
I had enabled free shipping over a certain amount of money - then I had changed the currency of the site making the free shipping amount too low.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.