Where has the catagory inside a catagory gone ?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

I enter my main catagory ( which is ok )

then i want another ( sub )  inside that one but the function to do this is not there ?

it used to be there in 1.50 but now im 1.70 and it is missing?

any ideas guys ?

thanks in advance
13 years ago
You can still specify a category to be a sub category of another category by selecting the parent category in the drop down list in category details. The "Add new category:" link in the treeview in 1.50 was a way to automatically select the parent category from the drop down list when adding a new category, but is not present in 1.70.

You can add this link to 1.70 by editing Administration\Modules\Categories.ascx and changing line #21

<%# GetCategoryFullName((Category)Container.DataItem)%>

to the following (new code underlined):
<%# GetCategoryFullName((Category)Container.DataItem)%> <a href="categoryadd.aspx?parentcategoryid=<%#Eval("CategoryId")%>"><%#GetLocaleResourceString("Admin.Categories.AddNewCategory")%></a>

Save the file and refresh the categories page (Administration > Catalog > Categories).

13 years ago
mb wrote:
You can still specify a category to be a sub category of another category by selecting the parent category in the drop down list in category details. The "Add new category:" link in the treeview in 1.50 was a way to automatically select the parent category from the drop down list when adding a new category, but is not present in 1.70.

You can add this link to 1.70 by editing Administration\Modules\Categories.ascx and changing line #21

<%# GetCategoryFullName((Category)Container.DataItem)%>

to the following (new code underlined):
<%# GetCategoryFullName((Category)Container.DataItem)%> <a href="categoryadd.aspx?parentcategoryid=<%#Eval("CategoryId")%>"><%#GetLocaleResourceString("Admin.Categories.AddNewCategory")%></a>

Save the file and refresh the categories page (Administration > Catalog > Categories).

Many thanks for your help, i could not see the woods for the trees and you have been outstanding
with your info, its a big help.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.