REALLY need help with UPS, USPS

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hello everyone.

Being the only slightly technical crew member on my team, I've been charged with setting up our webstore. Ive hacked and bashed through learning the little bits that I needed to customize the dark orange theme to our likeing, gotten paypal standard up and running etc etc.

Im stuck on the shipping aspect. We will be selling paper items, comics and related. We have been using USPS for our Ebay sales, and it being integrated into paypal, which we have already been using, seemed like an easy choice. Im sure you are all familiar with having to recompile nop.shipping.usps.dll to trim down the 15 or so options, but I cant seem to make this work. In visual studio C# I get errors when trying to build the solution after commenting out the options in USPSStrings.cs. We would like to only use Priority and Parcel Post. Im hoping someone might already have a solution compiled for this, and wouldnt mind sharing :D

As for UPS, ive gotten as far as getting an access key and cant seem to figure out what I need to submit to gain production access.

Also, both carriers are quoting prices quite high, UPS quoting 15$ for a 5oz package from AZ to NY when other calculators show it being 8$

Ive been beating my head into this for at least 20 hours now, and really at a loss for what to do.
I am running ver 1.7
Hosted by godaddy
and our site is www.paperpeddler.com

I know this has been covered in other topics, but I dont quite follow the code changes, and they seem to be for 1.5 if that makes any difference.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks
Kel
13 years ago
Hello again.

Ive managed to get everything to compile without any errors, but when I change out the nop.shipping.usps.dll with the new build it gives me an error stating that it is newer than my current run time.

Error details:

System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Nop.Shipping.USPS' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded.

Any light would be very helpful

Thanks
13 years ago
You may need to upload other files that were changed due to the changes that you made in the USPS code. Check all of your files for ones that were last modified when your USPS files were last modified and replace those files on your website.

I think it could possibly be Nop.BusinessLogic.dll, but not entirely sure. At any rate, I'm pretty sure that something else in your BIN needs to be updated.
13 years ago
I'm glad to see I'm not alone on this. I do have the same issue with UPS as it seem that customer find the shipping really higher than our previously eCommerce. Now UPS is asking for the XML Files. Should the Address verification could provide better rate during the check out?
13 years ago
I implemented the USPS shipping, and the shipping rate seems reasonable to me.  How much handling charge did you specify?  That might be the problem?

My question is, how do I limit the shipping options for USPS or UPS shipping?  I got 15 difference options for USPS:
USPS Express Mail Sunday/Holiday Guarantee ($36.15 (USD))
USPS Express Mail Flat-Rate Envelope Sunday/Holiday Guarantee ($30.80 (USD))
USPS Express Mail Hold For Pickup ($23.65 (USD))
USPS Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup ($18.30 (USD))
USPS Express Mail ($23.65 (USD))
USPS Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope ($18.30 (USD))
USPS Priority Mail ($8.30 (USD))
USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope ($4.90 (USD))
USPS Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box ($4.95 (USD))
USPS Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box ($10.70 (USD))
USPS Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box ($14.50 (USD))
USPS Parcel Post ($7.50 (USD))
USPS Bound Printed Matter ($3.27 (USD))
USPS Media Mail ($4.33 (USD))
USPS Library Mail ($4.11 (USD))

And, 6 for UPS:
UPS Ground ($10.82 (USD))
UPS 3 Day Select ($16.88 (USD))
UPS 2nd Day Air ($21.45 (USD))
UPS Next Day Air Saver ($33.43 (USD))
UPS Next Day Air Early A.M. ($70.68 (USD))
UPS NextDay Air ($37.36 (USD))

That might be too overwhelming for the customers to work with :)

Thanks so much.

Brandon

foreyk wrote:
I'm glad to see I'm not alone on this. I do have the same issue with UPS as it seem that customer find the shipping really higher than our previously eCommerce. Now UPS is asking for the XML Files. Should the Address verification could provide better rate during the check out?
13 years ago
realbrandon wrote:

My question is, how do I limit the shipping options for USPS or UPS shipping?

You have to go into the files that correspond to the shipping service you want to use and comment out the ones that you don't want. It is pretty clear what to do once you look...
13 years ago
Thanks so much.  I found the file "USPSStrings.cs" and commented out options I don't need, compile it, upload it, and it's all good.

Something strange though, the "First Class" option will generate error from the USPS web service.

bfranklin825 wrote:

My question is, how do I limit the shipping options for USPS or UPS shipping?

You have to go into the files that correspond to the shipping service you want to use and comment out the ones that you don't want. It is pretty clear what to do once you look...
13 years ago
realbrandon wrote:

Something strange though, the "First Class" option will generate error from the USPS web service.

What is the error?
13 years ago
The error message:

USPS Error returned: Error Desc: Invalid First Class Mail Type.USPS Help Context: 1000440.

Brandon

bfranklin825 wrote:

What is the error?
13 years ago
(I am a NOP 1.6 user hosting with GoDaddy.  I do not yet have VS2010 and I don't think GoDaddy supports Framework 4 yet)

The NOP code converts any total package weight under 1 lb to 1 pound.  When the First Class line is uncommented in the strings file, it is added into the request string to the USPS API.  1 pound is converted to 16 ounces first (see bold code below) and sent with "First Class" to USPS and it will send back an error because the package is over 13 ounces.

"First Class" should only be part of the request string to the API only if the package is <13 ounces.  I managed to do this in the code, but since the code changes anything under 16 ounces to 16 ounces, you will never see First Class in the choices.

I'm looking into fixing this myself since this code is still the same in version 1.8.  The problem is the use of "int" in the code which does not allow for anything between 0 and 1 to be used.

(in the Shipping/NOP.Shipping.USPS/USPSComputationMethod.cs file:)

int weight = Convert.ToInt32(Math.Ceiling(MeasureManager.ConvertWeight(ShippingManager.GetShoppingCartTotalWeigth(shipmentPackage.Items, shipmentPackage.Customer), MeasureManager.BaseWeightIn, usedMeasureWeight)));
            if (length < 1)
                length = 1;
            if (height < 1)
                height = 1;
            if (width < 1)
                width = 1;
            if (weight < 1)
                weight = 1;
            int pounds = weight;
            //we don't use ounce
            //int ounces = Convert.ToInt32((weight - pounds) * 16.0M);
            int ounces = 0;
           if (pounds < 1)
                pounds = 1;
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.