Quantity Discounts

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
15 years ago
Please add the ability to offer Quantity Discounts.  This is a great sales volume builder.  Stores that do not offer quantity discounts lose the larger purchases to stores that do offer quantity discounts.  I like everything else that nopCommerce offers, but I cannot afford to give up those large orders.   I will start using nop Commerce as soon as this feature is available.

Thanks,

Wayne G.
15 years ago
First of all let me say that I love nopCommerece.  I tried several other carts both asp.net and php. nopCommerece was the only one that worked straight out of the box which for me is be requirement as I don't like to play around in other peoples software. The is doubly so when an update can wipe out what changes I've made.

Wayne G. wrote:
Please add the ability to offer Quantity Discounts.  This is a great sales volume builder.  Stores that do not offer quantity discounts lose the larger purchases to stores that do offer quantity discounts.  I like everything else that nopCommerce offers, but I cannot afford to give up those large orders.   I will start using nop Commerce as soon as this feature is available.

Wayne is correct though, this is not just a need for nopCommerce. It is a requirement for the kind of sales many companies do. But quantity discounting also needs to be made applicable not only by item. What about appling discounts to an entire categories or manufacturers, or individual products across similar lines of business. Then there is the need for conditional discounting as well as up-selling the customer.

For example, say I sell vacuum cleaners and when someone buys a vacuum I want to offer them a discount on replacement bags. Well then it would be nice for the discounting to code to say,

"Hey dear customer, when you order that vacuum cleaner we offer a discount of $1,000,000 on XYZ Replacement Bags(link to product)"

or

"Dear customer, the vacuum you purchased uses a HEPA filter and it is recommended that you replace that filter every 30 times you use the vacuum. Right now when you purchase one or more replacement filters we are offering a discount of $1.00 per a replacement filter."

Discounts should also be multi-tiered if needed for example I sell t-shirts and shorts.

My red,blue,white t's are $7.00. My red, blue, white shorts are $7.00. But if you purchase 2 of either we will give you a discount of 12 for all of them. Buy 3 and now those 2 t's and 1 pair of shorts is 16, and if you 4 of any you can get them all for $19.99 plus shipping.

Basically we could easily do this if we had something like e-mail filters, but for discounts.

if <SELECT Type=Product Grouping/Individual SKU/Manufacturer ID/Etc..><ENTER Discounting Group Name> Quantity = 2 then price equals 12.00 upsell comment <ENTER COMMENT>
if <SELECT Type=Product Grouping/Individual SKU/Manufacturer ID/Etc..><ENTER Discounting Group Name> Quantity = 3 then price equals 16.00 upsell comment <ENTER COMMENT>

This or something similar would add a very nice discounting system for store owners that would help them increase revenues exponentially.
It should also be easy, in the future, to expand and maintain the Promotions system to allow for more flexibility in discounting.

It could even be translated into a quantity discount table that is displayed

Quantity /  Price
   1     /  7.50
   2     / 12.00
   3     / 16.00
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.