Does nop use stored procedures?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
A few questions:
1. Are stored procedures used for the database?
2. How was the coding structed? Was "best practices" used when building the cart?
3 What version of .NET and Visual Studio was used?
Thanks
13 years ago
CliveLoftyAnstruther wrote:
A few questions:
2. How was the coding structed? Was "best practices" used when building the cart?
Thanks

1. Yes
2. What exactly do you mean? Design patterns? - Yes
3. Currently .net4 VS2010
13 years ago
thanks Lev,
Could I run this using Visual Studio 2005?

I've used AbleCommerce for my last shopping cart. It has it's good
and bad points, but customizations were very difficult, especially
when I didn't have all the source code.
13 years ago
You must have vs2010 for nopcommerce 1.7 and later. You can use vs2008 for nopcommerce 1.6
13 years ago
CliveLoftyAnstruther wrote:
A few questions:
Thanks

As a response to your question 2:

From what I can tell, I can say that nopCommerce is well structured and has an easy learning curve.
Code is separated in projects depending on its task (Shipping methods, Payment methods, etc...  all have their own project).
The naming convention used through the projects is similar (ex: [YourClass]Manager.cs for data access, [YourClass].cs for an VO, [YourClass]Collection.cs for a collection of [YourClass].).
Most settings that are commonly reimplemented all are implemented using simple, straight forward interfaces.

Only let down is the complete lack of free documentation.

As a response to your question 3:
I cant answer your question about if it would work in VS2005 but I've struggled with setting up my environnement at first. I tried using VS C# Express and VS Web Dev express 2010 to work but it was too much of an hassle and the solution conversion process kept whining about some of the Dependencies Folder.
I had to download VS Studio 2010 Ultimate to make it work.

From there, everything went smoothly!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.